Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Cd cracks the case for and against :(

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

amp wrote:
    *Ahem*

oh come on! The man has bought a copy of the game already, this is exactly what backups are for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Steven

Put down the righteous fury and back away from the keyboard ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Tusky wrote:
    oh come on! The man has bought a copy of the game already, this is exactly what backups are for.

I'm beginning to suspect that you are breaking rule zero of the charter. And I don't care if a combination of a zombie Hitler and Jesus rose up and broke the cd.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

lmao. That could well be the funniest expression i've ever seen. Owned by your own DNA.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

amp wrote:
    I'm beginning to suspect that you are breaking rule zero of the charter. And I don't care if a combination of a zombie Hitler and Jesus rose up and broke the cd.
    Not zombie Hitsus!...or is it Jesler? Cool, a new super-villain - The Jesler*

*The Jesler is in no way associated with The Joker™

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

amp wrote:
    *Ahem*
    Now i'm not trying to step on toes here - isn't it the CD key (the OP has his own legit one - wouldn't be taking Tusky's) the actual illegal bit of pirated games.

Hence why its ok to make backup but not ok to share your CD Key??

Like I said, don't want no trouble in this here saloon, I just wants clarification..

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Clarification: It's not ok to make "backups".

The last revision of Ireland’s copyright law comes down very much so (too much so) on the side of copyright holders. Making it illegal to do what should be considered ok (like not been lawfully able to copy an audio CD to a digital player, or a computer etc – although I don’t think this has been tested in court and it could fail if it was).

The reason we ban talk of such things here is we cannot tell if a ‘backup’ etc is really such. The 'zero tolerance' is because once a little is let go, it’s a very slippery slope, as such.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

Now i'm not trying to step on toes here...

...Like I said, don't want no trouble in this here saloon, I just wants clarification..
    It doesn't really matter. Can you start your own thread if you want to discuss this? I think this particular thread is too valuable to have locked because of piracy debate.

Man, that's painful, KdjaC. Here's hoping Konami are accomodating!

And good picture, whiskeyman :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Move the thread to AH , we have had our giggles :D

No reply from konami yet :)

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

KdjaC wrote:

kdjac

There's room for this thread in Games. However if anybody starts talking warez again I will roll a dice and that will tell me how many months they are banned for. It's quite clearly explained in the charter so anybody who wants to discuss piracy will be banned under rule zero.

Back on topic.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Ouch... He must be a FIFA fan...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

KdjaC wrote:

kdjac
    I bet they are laughing their japanese asses off

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Balfa wrote:
    It doesn't really matter. Can you start your own thread if you want to discuss this? I think this particular thread is too valuable to have locked because of piracy debate.

I actually thought this was a "piracy" debate , and I can't see why we can't have these in here without some moron actually going on to mention a pirate/warez site and getting the thread locked . I got caught out with the same kinda thing when my daughter bought a new "sims" game and it was in one of those boxes where the middle button really pins in the disk . The "mysterious someone" tried to take it out and broke the disk , you can imagine EA's response to my mail ........it was a year ago , I'm still waiting .

John

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Prior Of Taize

read all the legal crap at the back of the manual. 99% of companies will offer you a replacement disk on the receipt of the broken disk. even fi they do charge you its generally less than 20 quid anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

I can't be arsed switching discs, I buy games I want to play online. I don't like invasive copy-protection mechanisms.

Advertisement