Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help setting up a DC-214 Home Station Router.

• 29-10-2005 11:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Firstly I'd like to apologise if this has already been covered in the forums, though I couldn't find any sign of anything similar.

I have a Dc-214 router and I'm having problems with it, I've managed to get it to connect to the internet (Using Bulldog ISP) and that works for a while through the USB. I have 2 problems with this though.

I cannot get the router to share the connection through it's 4 LAN ports to other machines. According to the Status in the router, the Ethernet Link Status is DOWN. I don't know if this helps and I really have no clue on how to set the router up to share connection to 4 other machines. I'm guessing there is something in the configuration that I don't understand that I'm overlooking.

That is my main concern, the other problem is that after a while, the USB connection is no longer recognised by the router and I'm forced to reset the whole router in order to get back into the status menu. I try to connect through the http:// address the router instructions tell me to, and the connection is refused. Is it supposed to drop the connection to my machine?

I'm running it through Win XP, in case this helps.

Thank you in advance.

Advertisement