Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

This weeks Premiership Action(scores)

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,048 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Davei141 wrote:
    Liverpool 2-0, zenden. Great goal and a great performance second half.

By Liverpool or by Zenden? because in all honesty I could not imagine Liverpool being great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Trust me, brilliant second half.

I'll take your word for it mate. I watched the Chelsea game and I must admit they are totally unstopable. I would love to see how they would cope without Lampard and Terry though. Both have been outstanding yet again today.

Yeah theyre never injured =/.

Everton have finally managed to win a game this season

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

liverpool's second half performance was very good and overall thats a good result

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Yayyyyyyyy! Good result, some dodgy moments and some good keeping from Hislop but it would have been a travesty if West ham got anything out of that game. Morientes has to play every game, sure he's a bit slow but he also showed some of his old form today. I thought Sissiko had a game of two halfs - poor in the first much livelier in the second. Zenden played some nice stuff and a goal which won't do him any harm.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Are Blackburn the first team to put two goals past Chelski this season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Lampard is just unreal.
    Top scorer in the premiership now?
    Solidifying his England spot for the world cup when eventually either Gerrard or Lampard gets dropped.
    The guy is just unreal at scoring, reminds me of Scholes back when he was good. If the ball drops to one person in England, you'd want it to be Lampard

• Advertisement

Well thats a bad start

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭irish life

PHB wrote:
    Lampard is just unreal.
    Top scorer in the premiership now?
    Solidifying his England spot for the world cup when eventually either Gerrard or Lampard gets dropped.
    The guy is just unreal at scoring, reminds me of Scholes back when he was good. If the ball drops to one person in England, you'd want it to be Lampard
    Most of his goals were penos or frees (well worked frees which mourinho puts a lot of emphasis on) though. He does score some great goals a lot of which r outside the box but he also gets the tapins from some great positional work. Good comparison with Scoles. He seems to have taken over from him as soon as his form dipped.

PHB wrote:
    Well thats a bad start

United could be in trouble. I don't think they've a great record against Boro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

I don't think previous records matter on the day to be honest. Boro have no defense. United will be grand.

What the **** Rio, what the ****ing ****

Where's my hat so I can eat it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

This is almost painful to watch, there's just clumsy-ness all around the pitch. We're lucky that Rio's awful touch that let Mendietta in led to nothing.

This is almost painful to watch, there's just clumsy-ness all around the pitch. We're lucky that Rio's awful touch that let Mendietta in led to nothing.

This is worse than Ireland vs Cyprus.

sjones wrote:
    Where's my hat so I can eat it.

I'm glad you said that so I didn't have to.

This is ****ing unreal, what the **** was Richardson doing?
    Like why the **** would you do that? What possible reason? He was running off the ****ing pitch

oh **** off boro you ****ing ****

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

This is way funny. :D

Haha, yeah *************************************** :D.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

PHB your just such a little girl about losing its very annoying

Could someone please tell me what the fu*k JOS was doing argueing with the ref at half time. It was a deffo penalty and we deserve to be 3-0 down at halftime. As for Judas, he needs to be dropped from this team NOW. He is a liability. What the hell was he tring to do for their second goal. As for the first one, JOS jibbed the shot but VDS really should have got to it.

Smith and Scholes are having nightmares, Rooney and Park are by a mile our best players so far. As for our chances of coming back into this game, I very much doubt it. We did it in the past but we had decent players in our team then

Yeah, PHB, If I can find it amusing why can't you? It's only a game after all

Brian017 wrote:
    Yeah, PHB, If I can find it amusing why can't you? It's only a game after all

The difference is it is a must win game. Look at our position in the league before this game. Sixth and on this display we are sliding. We are nearly as bad as Liverpool now.

PHB your just such a little girl about losing its very annoying

You must lead a very annoyed life

For an anwser, see Leonard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

At the current rate of control boro have in the game the dreaded 5:0 is a possibility.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Jimi-Spandex

I'd like to predict a 5-3 to united. Ha HA HA!

Scholes is absolutely horrible, he's playing **** and he's a terrible captain. I don't think I've seen him shouting or giving anyone any direction.

Park & Rooney are the only ones deserving of any credit, everyone else has been terrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

come on united. lets have a repeat of that 5-3, ronaldo and rossi can add another dimension to the team

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

besty wrote:
    come on united. lets have a repeat of that 5-3, ronaldo and rossi can add another dimension to the team

LOL. Just burn your United jersey and get a Chelsea one already :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

LOL. Just burn your United jersey and get a Chelsea one already :)

you can only be optimistic at times like this to be honest...:rolleyes:

Wigan for the title anyone? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,164 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Brian017 wrote:
    Wigan for the title anyone? ;)

You know if it wasn't for Chelsea I'd say the press would have been spreading that story by now.

Well Done 'Boro, but why dont they play like this every week. See the look on Fergie's face. The only player that that come away from this game with any credit is Wayne Rooney. People say that Liverpool are a one man team, well it looks like we are now. If the rest of this team had the same amount of hunger as Rooney we would be up there with Chelsea.

JOS is not good enough to be in this team. Judas needs to be brought down a peg or two(he still thinks he is the best defender in the world) Our midfield is very very weak. Smith tries his best but he is not a roy keane. Scholes is past it going on his preformances so far this season and all of last season. Ronaldo needs to learn how to look up and cross a ball and he also needs to stop diving.

People will point out that we have many injuries but hey, that is why you have to build up a squad. Throughout the 90's we had a really healthy lookin Bench and we has squad players for nearly every position. Now we see ourselves playing average players in too many key positions.

SAF has not been as shred in the transfer market as he had been in the early years with the club. I am not going to start blaming the manager for all our problems, but he has to take some of the blame. A world class midfielder and a centre half need to be brought in in January, otherwise we will spend the rest of the season in a mid table position.

Well they eventually got there 1000th goal in the premiership. Good finish by Ronaldo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

What happened? ;)

Back to Liverpool for a moment - do you think Rafa wil have learned anything about formations, having won playing 4-4-2 for most of the game.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Jimi-Spandex

That was embarassing.

What are the chances of a post match interview by SAF? :)

We were spanked and absolutely deserved it. It's very hard to give anyone bar Rooney credit after that performance. It will be interesting to see what happens against Lille during the week.

Personally I think it was a blunder on SAF's part bringing on Richardson for Bardsley and changing the formation after 30mins, we were fairly shapeless after that and it didn't look like the players knew what to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

So despite the 'crisis' at Liverpool, they'll be just two points behind the great ManU if they win their game in hand.
    Looks like Slur Alex's final season after all, doubt if he'll want to go out like this.

Strange times indeed.

• Advertisement

Dr. Nick wrote:
    So despite the 'crisis' at Liverpool, they'll be just two points behind the great ManU if they win their game in hand.
    Looks like Slur Alex's final season after all, doubt if he'll want to go out like this.

Strange times indeed.

I think its a case of there being crisis at both Liverpool and Man Utd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Well pool game was ok, poor first half apart from the goal but a great second half for liverpool. Created chance after chance and if Cisse used them legs of his we could have had more. Good goal by Zenden too and nice to see him rack up his first for the pool.

Luis Garcia must have had somebody take him aside because he was absolutley excellent today, he worked very hard, did the simple things when he could and played some excellent stuff tight in and around the box. Getting better against a west ham team that threatened early on but were bottled up by liverpool in the second half.

Blackburn got the humping I expected and Chelsea romp on in the premiership with most of their closest rivals dropping points and Spurs still to play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

Lemlin wrote:
    I think its a case of there being crisis at both Liverpool and Man Utd.

true. though there was no crisis at OT until this evening methinks. LFC will probably lose the game in hand anyway :o

Blackburn got the humping I expected and Chelsea romp on in the premiership with most of their closest rivals dropping points and Spurs still to play.

But not as bad a humping as Liverpool did from Chelsea :)

true. though there was no crisis at OT until this evening methinks. LFC will probably lose the game in hand anyway

There's been crisis at United for a good while now. The Lille game last week was terrible.

Atleast we lost with dignity. Another red card for blackburn, except it was for the manager. Atleast we know were they get it from.

Davei141 wrote:
    Atleast we lost with dignity. Another red card for blackburn, except it was for the manager. Atleast we know were they get it from.

Yes, kicking a physio's bag in anger is such a terrible offence to commit. The man should be hung, drawn and quartered.

I'd far prefer if he sat there passionless and watched his team take a beating while doing nothing :)

• Advertisement

Yes, kicking a physio's bag in anger is such a terrible offence to commit.

Atleast it wasnt a leg, your right. We should stick physio bags around the pitch when blackburn play, might reduce the premierships injury list by half next year.

Davei141 wrote:
    Atleast it wasnt a leg, your right. We should stick physio bags around the pitch when blackburn play, might reduce the premierships injury list by half next year.

And we could always ask Sky Sports to show Liverpool non-stop for anybody who has problems with their sleep!

Well if they started dozing off at 4 pm thats not exactly curing any problems. We could always kick them in the head enough times till they fall unconscious, just need to watch a blackburn game as to how the pro's do it. Should be at night, as blackburn games carry a 9pm watershed. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Lads, keep the sh*te talk up and we'll have the board closed again.

Lads, keep the sh*te talk up and we'll have the board closed again.

That's why I quit. It was lighthearted anyway. Just seen on MOTD that Sol Campbell was interviewed by the police after trouble with a fan going down the tunnel.

Haven't seen reports of it anywhere on the net though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement