Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIT LAN party

Options
  • 29-10-2005 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭

anyone going to that LAN party that the DIT netsoc is hosting****

****shameless plug

im also starting a new thread cause this forum is kinda slow lately, imo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

this the one with hl2/quake/cs/something else?

looks promising but if it's a laptop style event good luck getting everyone to run hl2. and if it's a "bring your PC" event... good luck getting people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

this the one with hl2/quake/cs/something else?

looks promising but if it's a laptop style event good luck getting everyone to run hl2. and if it's a "bring your PC" event... good luck getting people
    I think I might. It will be a pain in the arse lugging the pc along but it would definatly be worth it. If there were a few people with Call of Duty installed on their pc's cs:source or cs1.6 we could a few decent games going.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

its an either event.

plus, its a 24 hour event, so its not like they will be lugging around their comp a shed load of times

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

this board is about as popular as a leper on a bus, feck all use it!

whens it on?

this board is about as popular as a leper on a bus, feck all use it!

whens it on?
    November 24th, I think.

• Advertisement

interlan.netsoc.dit.ie

26/27th november

whats got your knickers in a twist melek

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

Wheres it on? Renting out some random internet cafe for the night or something?

I think there is a map on the site. The place is east of connoly station I think.

renting out a hall and using our own equipment bought especially for the event

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=315077&page=2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

Oh? Thats gonna be a bit of a pain in the ass. Would ye not just rent out a net cafe so that everythings already set up and ready to go? Its gonna mean alot of people are going to have to install alot of stuff... and surely there'll be conflicts etc etc.?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i'd probably go but it would be a pain to get my 19 inch monitor to the venue

Oh? Thats gonna be a bit of a pain in the ass. Would ye not just rent out a net cafe so that everythings already set up and ready to go? Its gonna mean alot of people are going to have to install alot of stuff... and surely there'll be conflicts etc etc.?

there isnt a big enough net cafe to fit 150 people, and anyway, its a 24 hour event, we ll have enough time for everyone to get properly instaled

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

interlan.netsoc.dit.ie

26/27th november

whats got your knickers in a twist melek

this ol forum does lack in users compared to trin/ucd

its 'cosy'

I like it :)

Can we bring beer to the lan? Beer and computer games together are fun.

i have no idea. im pretty sure you spill any, other gamers will rip your spleen out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭namit

yes see ya there.

Advertisement