Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Options
  • 29-10-2005 12:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭

I don't know if its just me but I've come onto boards twice this morning straight onto the soccer forum. On both occasions their were a few topics on bold meaning their were new posts in them. I opened all topics in new tabs by clicking the firstnew.gif symbol. It just brought me down to the last post and none of the posts had an orange light beside them. I looked at my subbed forums and only one or two have stars beside them. Its like every forum is being marked as read as soon as I open up boards.

I didn't explain that very well but anyway, hopefully you'll know what I'm talking about. :)
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

eirebhoy wrote:
    I don't know if its just me but I've come onto boards twice this morning straight onto the soccer forum. On both occasions their were a few topics on bold meaning their were new posts in them. I opened all topics in new tabs by clicking the firstnew.gif symbol. It just brought me down to the last post and none of the posts had an orange light beside them. I looked at my subbed forums and only one or two have stars beside them. Its like every forum is being marked as read as soon as I open up boards.

I didn't explain that very well but anyway, hopefully you'll know what I'm talking about. :)
    Yeah, I mentioned it on the first day after the upgrade, still no solution. I think vBulletin made a bags of their attempt to use the database instead of cookies for managing read/unread information.

It's a setting that can be turned off though IIRC.

Advertisement