Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 2006 VS Pro Evolution Soccer 5

Options
  • 29-10-2005 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭

which is better imo i think pro evo is what do u think

Fifa 2006 or Pro Evolution Soccer 5 10 votes

Fifa 2006
    0%
    Pro Evolution Soccer 5
    100%
    astrofoolKarl HungusDrag00n79RabiessteviecPrior Of TaizeJohnMorrisseySpider_Baby!AirblazerJimmySmith 10 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Who's better The Monkeys or The Beatles?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

bazH wrote:
    Who's better The Monkeys or The Beatles?

Monkeys..obviously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Jimi-Spandex

Pro Evo sharts all over FIFA? I thought everyone knew this already. It's not even a question.

The only people who vote fifa are the people who've never put much time into PES

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

even EA prefer pro evo. they used the pro evo engine ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

well lets put it this way....

First time playing a Fifa game since Fifa 95 on the megadrive, I play 06 and with my first ever free kick at goal i score a 35 yard screamer with gerrard. such an easy arcadey game with the easiest learning curve.... but no depth, no touch and is ultimately a boring experiance.

whereas pro evo is just the most universal multiplayer game for a console since goldeneye. so engaging, requires alot of thought and is at least a 50 times more satisfying experiance then Fifa could ever be

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,121 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Haven't played pro evo 5 yet but... pro evo is the better game, but is far from perfect like many people think. It has faults, but in general is an excellent game. One thing fifa has over pro evo is presentation and commentary. The presentation in pro evo just screams tacky and japanese. The commentary in this years fifa is excellent, best I've ever come across.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Jazzy wrote:
    well lets put it this way....

First time playing a Fifa game since Fifa 95 on the megadrive, I play 06 and with my first ever free kick at goal i score a 35 yard screamer with gerrard. such an easy arcadey game with the easiest learning curve.... but no depth, no touch and is ultimately a boring experiance.

whereas pro evo is just the most universal multiplayer game for a console since goldeneye. so engaging, requires alot of thought and is at least a 50 times more satisfying experiance then Fifa could ever be
    Well said. We (my house mates and I) have spent countless hours on Pes attempting the "random World Cup" on 6 stars. Its possibly the best multiplayer experience there is. So much passion, bringing Austria to the final only to lose on peno's was the most heart breaking experience of my gaming life.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Dr J wrote:
    Haven't played pro evo 5 yet but... pro evo is the better game, but is far from perfect like many people think. It has faults, but in general is an excellent game. One thing fifa has over pro evo is presentation and commentary. The presentation in pro evo just screams tacky and japanese. The commentary in this years fifa is excellent, best I've ever come across.

Yes probably the only two things that nobody really cares about when playing football games.When it comes to the only thing that matters "gameplay" PES kicks FIFA in teh ballsack.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

HAHA! Fifa is not a touch on pro evo 1...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Pro Evo all the way. i notice FIFA has 2 votes and rabies voted for both

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

my brothers have scored like 10goals from near the mid field line in pes 5

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

And that tells us what exactly ?

You have links to vids to show us their l337ness i bet.

my brothers have scored like 10goals from near the mid field line in pes 5

And my cousins brother scored from a kickout.....:rolleyes:

On that note the last fifa I played (2004 I think) I lost the game 11-6 to a 12 year old because he knew the exact place you could score from. He also knew how to score from kickoff so I was screwed either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,121 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

d22ontour wrote:
    Yes probably the only two things that nobody really cares about when playing football games.When it comes to the only thing that matters "gameplay" PES kicks FIFA in teh ballsack.

:D

I call it better than fifa, then describe the game as excellent yet point out two areas where it fails to impress and you still feel the need to tell me it "kicks fifa in teh ballsack"? F*cking fanboys

Dr J wrote:
    I call it better than fifa, then describe the game as excellent yet point out two areas where it fails to impress and you still feel the need to tell me it "kicks fifa in teh ballsack"? F*cking fanboys
    I think he was mearly pointing out that the only 2 things that FIFA does better are 2 things that doesn't effect the gameplay, thus not really improving the game at all. Its all smoke and mirrors.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Do they games get any better ? not sure about pro, but fifa franchise just keeps on going and going, and they all look the same, minor difference in graphics after 3 years.
    why must there be a fifa for every year, ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I remember when I was around 14/15 and Fifa were bringing out a new title, my own brother who knows absolutely nothing about football or ever even played a football game on a computer was telling me "Why are you buying this crap every year? It is basically the same game as last year." I remember venemously defending it saying "It's not...this year you can curl the ball more" or whatever the new feature at the time was...Fifa is a basically a kids game marketed at kids. Pro Evo is an actual simulation of the sport and you gotta get your tactics right for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

Of course PES is the better game and I havent played the newest one yet but from reading on various forums ppl seem to be getting the feeling PES is being churned out each year now with little change on previous versions - I dont know if thats true! as I have only played pes4 on the xbox but its just what i have read. Maybe they can go no further with the current consoles, but i'd say they xbox360 and ps3 versions will be some game!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

Pro Evolution Soccer 5
    FIFA is a lot more welcoming, I'd only ever played Pro Evo in multiplayer for years, the odd match here and there against people who owned the game, and I'd never touch the ball and never felt compelled to try and learn because the gap was too massive, it was only last week I played another 'newbie' for the first time and actually had fun playing the game for the first time so I decided to get Pro Evo 4(I'm cheap) and starting to get into it.

I had always preferred FIFA, buy it every 2 or 3 years and there is a noticeable difference, people complain about the yearly updates but there's not a successful sports game out there(including Pro Evo) that doesn't do yearly updates, there's obviously enough demand for it cos it doesn't exactly flop and before people go 'oh thats cos of marketing' I'm sure 90% of FIFA's sales each year are to people who've played and probably own a previous FIFA game and actually want an update.

For me sports games are all about the fun of multiplayer games now and then, I'd never devote my time to completely mastering the game and playing the master league or season mode or whatever when I could be playing an RPG or strategy game, and from that point of view I think FIFA is a very viable choice compared to Pro Evo, you can go in with a decent knowledge of football and being told the controls and have a good go of the game without having to spend hours practicing in one player.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,682 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Pro Evolution Soccer 5
    what is emperically better, cheese or bacon?

tbh, this thread is a bit of fanboyism, ultimately people will make their own opinion and prefer one. It seems to be that the more hardcore gamer prefers pro evo, whereas the casual gamer tends to prefer fifa. It also seems to be that people decide which one they like before they are released, which also means that the games don't really change that much year on year :) People will also like whichever one they are better at, regardless of anything else.

A better question might be, which is more fun?

Though, a question like this, here, would be the same as a firefox vs IE poll on the computers board. On here Firefox and Pro Evo always win. Fifa sells more, and IE has a ~90% share of the browser market.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

ahh... nice to see Pro Evo is gettin the support it deserves :p I've never liked the Fifa games I'm afraid; and I've got all the Pro Evo games!

Right on! :D

astrofool wrote:
    what is emperically better, cheese or bacon?

tbh, this thread is a bit of fanboyism, ultimately people will make their own opinion and prefer one. It seems to be that the more hardcore gamer prefers pro evo, whereas the casual gamer tends to prefer fifa. It also seems to be that people decide which one they like before they are released, which also means that the games don't really change that much year on year :) People will also like whichever one they are better at, regardless of anything else.

A better question might be, which is more fun?

Though, a question like this, here, would be the same as a firefox vs IE poll on the computers board. On here Firefox and Pro Evo always win. Fifa sells more, and IE has a ~90% share of the browser market.

pretty much right... but if i had to pick one it would be bacon

Pes is this genoration FIFA is last genoration

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

I agree.Fifa is last generation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭JimmySmith

Pro Evolution Soccer 5
    How many people here own both games?
    I dont think you can judge them fairly unless you own and have played intensively both flavours. Otherwise i'm afraid you're a fanboy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,969 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Ask anyone who has bought the new Pro Evo and they will tell you there has been a massive change in gameplay from the last one(and as we've found out for the better) . I haven't played the new FIFA but could people who bought it honestly say the same thing ?

Anyway i'm not sure these games are even in the same genre anymore , Pro Evo is Sports simulation , FIFa s more of an arcady style with 'sweet spots' .

I may not have played the new FIFA but have talked to several reliable people about it , this is how I have gained my observations on the current FIFA game .

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Pro Evo by a mile. Last year's FIFA was decent, but the 2006 version seems to have gone backwards. Tons of slowdown and a broken dribbling system can't be covered up by a nice lick of paint.

JimmySmith wrote:
    How many people here own both games?
    I dont think you can judge them fairly unless you own and have played intensively both flavours. Otherwise i'm afraid you're a fanboy :)

gotta love the ppl that cry fanboy at the first availible opportunity...
    cue that cartoon from that online gaming strip thingy... u know the one "god hates fanboys" and such with a big finger squashing a guy which everyone has seen 500 times

i have both them and fifa is better graphics but really its handy to score from crossing the ball in and headering in fifa where as in pro evo its really hard to get a good cross in and score

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭iregk

well for me pes is so much more pleasing. sure fifa's presentation and look are top class but as ive just won serie a with milan on world class level by 14 points scoring close to 100 goals (free kicks and cross/header combos all the way) only to just about scrape the league on teh last day in pes.

Which one would please you more? I can safely say i didn't have the jump up and down around the sitting room feeling when the ref blew the whistle on the last day after being battered for the second half of the final league match in fifa thats for sure...

Advertisement