Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 2006 VS Pro Evolution Soccer 5

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Anarchist

This has to be the most silliest poll of all time as it is so obvious PES pisses over the fifa series...............

PES5 online is also totally lag free and totally addictive!

I use the name JANER and have noticed plenty of Irish players out there :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Anarchist

DaveMcG wrote:
    ahh... nice to see Pro Evo is gettin the support it deserves :p I've never liked the Fifa games I'm afraid; and I've got all the Pro Evo games!

Right on! :D
    It's also #1 in the games charts....... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Salmon

I have played FIFA '06 on the PS2 and I have to agree with most posters that the series has definately taken a step backwards! The only saving grace for FIFA is the competition options and the player, team licencing options! If PE ever got a good masterleague and an option to totally customise the competitions it would truely be the perfect Football game! Heres hopeing for further improvements for PE6!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Anarchist wrote:
    It's also #1 in the games charts....... :)
    means sweet FA...
    It was released after, so it's going to have sold more units since release, but FIFA is going to outsell per unit overall by a mile.
    Neither is better, because they are both so different now.
    Arcade = FIFA
    Simulation = PES

Pick which style you prefer and enjoy.

(I was a FIFA man from the first game on the SNES right up to FIFA 2001... then I ditched it and moved to PES).

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Borat_Sagdiyev

iregk wrote:
    well for me pes is so much more pleasing. sure fifa's presentation and look are top class but as ive just won serie a with milan on world class level by 14 points scoring close to 100 goals (free kicks and cross/header combos all the way) only to just about scrape the league on teh last day in pes.

Which one would please you more? I can safely say i didn't have the jump up and down around the sitting room feeling when the ref blew the whistle on the last day after being battered for the second half of the final league match in fifa thats for sure...

I heartily agree. I'll admit that I haven't played fifa for a while but from what I've read on the web and heard from friends, its not up to much. Its great for kids who love scoring screamers into the top corner every single time but for the gamer that wants realism, then the PES series delivers that. Its still got its problems (frustratingly stupid keepers) but it is a savage game.

As for the satisfaction element? Well, there was a game I was playing where I was going for the league and struggling. I was Newcastle and went away to Arsenal for a must win game. I took the lead early and tried to keep playing the same way but to be honest they were all over me. They eventually equalised but soon after in one of my very rare ventures up the pitch I won a free kick in a scoreable area. Up stepped Laurent Robert and curled a beauty just inside the post - I proceeded to jump around the room laughing my head off cos there wasn't much time left. I changed to a defensive formation and held out. In the stats afterwards, they had 12 or 14 attempts on goal, I had about 5. Sweet!

Ended up losing the league anyway after that though. Still, very satisfying.

• Advertisement
Advertisement