Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Left Bank

• 29-10-2005 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭

What do u all think of The Garavogue bar in Sligo changing to the Left Bank? Anyone go to the opening last night???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭roykeane16

no m8 didnt go its not a bad pub was ok till they got rid off the pooltable:D dont like th new colour off it:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

my sister said that with the change of position of the bar it loks stupid, is this true.
    and will there still be the saturday night funk night?

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Ooly

Yeah it looks really small since the bar was moved to the side. I thought the centre bar made the place look funky but now it's gone . . . . . sob...:(
    Yep Funk Ups still on, it was on last Saturday night! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭Crave

funny thing is the bar is on the right bank of the river! how stupid!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,196 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Crave wrote:
    funny thing is the bar is on the right bank of the river! how stupid!!!
    Stay at college - it all depends which side of the river you're on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,949 ✭✭✭✭Basq

It look like a ballroom to anyone else?

Guess it's an improvement on The Garavogue's round bar in the centre but not a big fan of it, to be honest.

,ust go in to check it out soon was off the booze 4november

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭Crave

muffler wrote:
    Stay at college - it all depends which side of the river you're on

ya well i was told it depends which way the river is flowing!you look in the direction it flows so in that case it's on the right bank!!! don't be so ignorant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Resistance

I wasn't a fan of the Garavogue bar. It's more or less the same place now people drinking cappuccino, jumper tied over their shoulders on a Friday night you'd have to see it to believe it. Not my kind of pub:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭DamoKen

Crave wrote:
    ya well i was told it depends which way the river is flowing!you look in the direction it flows so in that case it's on the right bank!!! don't be so ignorant

what say you muffler? :)

• Advertisement

tabby and his band are in the leftbank 2nite will be a rocking night:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,196 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Crave wrote:
    Did you forget about the tide coming in. Then it flows the other way silly boy

anyone going to see the revs in the left benk on thurs 22nd?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 sligonian

i really hope i can go.i loves them.

me too, they're so funky. Saw them 3 times over the summer . . . . savage cabbage!!!!!!!! :v: :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 sligonian

i haven't seen them since i was 12, anytime they seemed to be playing here i was always gone away

I'll see y'all there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

muffler wrote:
    Did you forget about the tide coming in. Then it flows the other way silly boy

the river isnt tidal at the pub, itonly extends to the silver swan

roykeane16 wrote:
    tabby and his band are in the leftbank 2nite will be a rocking night:eek:
    what age are you to be going off the drink for a month?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

hmm just back from the pub now, like the new look.
    Seems a bit ballroomy :)

• Advertisement

I was in their last night for New Year's - fecking awful!

€15 in to see The Nervous Animals - utter sh*te. They played through 12 o clock and everything!

Had an iffy stomach all night so had to lay off the booze after 2 drinks. Stomach was killing me so left and went home about 2.

Last night i spend New Year's Eve in The Left Bank - and there's €15 i'll never see again! :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

i enjoyed the countess in strandhill, cool reggae band :D
    but it was a tenner in.
    You should have known to stay away from town on new years, it sucks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Medbhia

Yeah, town is always a bad idea on New Years Eve, expensive and crowded. :mad: But the Left Bank is an alright venue, I prefered it the old way, although, it's probably better laid out now for gigs then it was before. Strandhill was a great laugh though New Years...not too expensive, and quite chilled. Reggae in The Countess, Jazz in the Strand. :)

you went to both, my sis went to the strand and i went to the countess. Check the scene :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭angelofdeath

the place looked so much better with the bar in the center, and the name, the garavogue was a much better name than the left bank

the garavogue was a much better name than the left bank

Definitely, agreed!

I wish places would stop changing names, everytime I go home the names are different. You can almost work out peoples ages by what they call the nightclubs in Sligo, :) classic example, Envy (people younger than me) aka Equinox(people around my age give or take a number of years) aka (I've forgotten the third one some people still call it - having a sudden blank, Ritzys or something? - but much older than me). Whatever name it goes by though, you can be assured it's still terrible in there :D

Medbhia wrote:
    ..classic example, Envy (people younger than me) aka Equinox(people around my age give or take a number of years) aka (I've forgotten the third one some people still call it - having a sudden blank, Ritzys or something? - but much older than me)
    Wasn't it Zanadus? :confused:

PS - Tar, myself and yourself must meet up for a drink somenight. We seem to hang around the same haunts!

basquille wrote:
    Wasn't it Zanadus? :confused:

Yes, that's it! Thanks.

Ritzys - what was I on about with that name... *laugh*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Mr. Nice Guy

well they might've changed the name but they haven't changed the bar staff. man it was ****ing **** over christmas. taking more than a half an hour to get served. going out in sligo has gone to ****

• Advertisement

well they might've changed the name but they haven't changed the bar staff. man it was ****ing **** over christmas. taking more than a half an hour to get served..
    Yeah.. was up in the Cafe Bar Eile section on Stephen's Night and New Year's Eve. Stephen's Night was mad mad busy alright.. you could be 45 minutes at the bar in there. Much easier to get served downstairs. Had to order 4 drinks at a time down there though! :D

The bar staff upstairs are particularly terrible as they would still persist in doing their Tom Cruise in Cocktail impression by throwing and whizzing the bottle of Smirnoff behind their back - act professional, for fecks sake!

Advertisement