Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

metroplolis anime on tv tonite

• 29-10-2005 5:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭

metroplolis is on c4 tonite at 4.10am ,its worth recording ,and it gets good reviews on other anime sites.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

God, 4.10am, that's a disgrace for such a brilliant film.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭irishshogun

While it is an excellent movie, I bought it on release, be warned the anime style is a bit disconcerting, its like old Fleisher cartoons mixed with CGi, sometimes it works well other times its woefull, overall good flick tho.
    set the video :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Yeah, I have to agree the quality and delivery of the animation varies greatly in this film. I got the impression that film was split into three chunks and directed by different people, it seems disjointed and the plot execution and pace is completely different in the beginning, middle and end. It's good enough though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭nadir

Ill agree with Cult, and beg to differ with Laguna and IrishShogun,
    I love this movie.
    The style is ... Katsuhiro Otomo does 'Osamu Tezuka'. Astroboy meets akira, I think it works brilliantly, especially they way they mix the cg, I think it was the first Anime I saw that I thought they used cg really well in, or maybe blood, that was done nicely too.
    I look on IMDB and I see Rintaro, but it's nothing even close to X, I love the way they use the original music too, it's great and holds together, I didn't think it was disjointed at all. If I could pick out any flaw, maybe it's a tad too long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Aye, love this movie, criminally underrated.

Think it does the rounds on Sky Movies/Film Four every now and then.

• Advertisement
Advertisement