Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gig in the Bohs

• 29-10-2005 7:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭

I finally got a good taste of the scene in Dublin and it was deadly, I had to leave before Coitus finished up but what i saw was savage. After walking up in the rain from the center of town i was soaked and had to dry off for a bit, butt I was all to happy to help lug in all the gear for it. Just wish i could have stayed for the whole thing and then gone to the Voodoo, Great gig from what I saw. Oh and thanks to Coner for the great hospitality.

Chris.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭Pearl666

yeah. That gig started off a new life for us:D it was legend from what we did see. Can't wait for tomorrow and we'll be there for it all:D

Cj

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭ANarcho-Munk

I might be there tomorrow.....

well I f*cking hope i am.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

You guys ****in missed paranoid visions. They're better than dread messiah and would have been better headlining I think, but anyway wooohiooooo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 karate_feetus

hey, band member of Killateen looking for cool communities and interesting gigs to play. Pass on any advice. We want to play before end o year (we've been looking for a bass player but no look yet... we've been through 6 or someting already so we just wana get on with it and advertise ourselves thru gigs, hopefully something will come up).

Anyway, you got advice, contacts etc? email me at

too_flemie@hotmail.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭Rancid

Pearl666 wrote:
    yeah. That gig started off a new life for us:D it was legend from what we did see. Can't wait for tomorrow and we'll be there for it all:D

Cj
    Get there early, don't forget the Freebooters are on first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

Was good. Today's should be better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

The Restarts tbh.

****ers, i can't go :(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 peter jones

dregin wrote:
    You guys ****in missed paranoid visions. They're better than dread messiah and would have been better headlining I think, but anyway wooohiooooo.

shucks.......how nice of you to say so!!

we couldn't have headlined because:
    a) it was meant to be a harry night and dread was his band
    b) we would have been way too drunk to pull it off with the substitute drummer (good man jay!)
    c) not sure if conor and skinny think we're that good!!!!!!!!!

****in great gig tho....dread messiah singer is a nut job!

I liked Dread Messiah. On the night they were better than PV.

Today's Dalymount gig was class. Best one of the three without a doubt. Freebooters were as good as ever, if not better. And The Restarts were far better than they were on the stage on Saturday. Wasn't so keen on Coldwar. Dalymount is a quality venue. Shame to see it revamped. Oh well... Good weekend overall.

• Advertisement

Quality Dalymount gig, want to see more there tbh. Hope the clean up wasn't too bad for Conor + co.

"Bring your fuking glasses back"

As was said, Freebooters were excellent as always, didn't see much of Coldwar, and The Restarts are becoming one of my favoute bands of late. PLay Dublin more ffs!

OLP and Pearl are lesbians btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭OLP

Thats news to me.

Rancid wrote:
    Get there early, don't forget the Freebooters are on first.

Early! We forgot the times went back so we where there since about 1! Wasn't that bad though, got to see Celtic beat Dundee.

The Freebooters where excelent, I really liked ColdWar and The Restarts too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Franky Boy

It was an excellent gig.Freebooters were ****ing amazing,but Coldwar weren't my thing.The Restarts were deadly and played a really long set too.Great gig altogether!

I hurt bad :| Restarts were great. Hadn't seen much of them in voodoo but they were great yesterday. Freebooters were class as expected :) Didn't see coldwar at all. went lookin for OLP and Pearl to say hello at the end but couldn't see yiz. Oh well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭lacuna

Aye, ****in' deadly weekend. Sunday was better than Saturday. Freebooters were brilliant. The Restarts were very impressive. Didn't like Coldwar that much.
    Paranoid Visions weren't bad, but they were better the first time I saw them.

dregin wrote:
    I hurt bad :| Restarts were great. Hadn't seen much of them in voodoo but they were great yesterday. Freebooters were class as expected :) Didn't see coldwar at all. went lookin for OLP and Pearl to say hello at the end but couldn't see yiz. Oh well.

ah yeah we had to leave towards the end of The Restarts set.

ah that weekend was legend....coitus, coldwar, the restarts, freebooters. all class.

wish we could of gone to the voodoo tho:(

yeah and after we left we got caught pissed of our faces...er woops:P

shucks.......how nice of you to say so!!

we couldn't have headlined because:
    a) it was meant to be a harry night and dread was his band
    b) we would have been way too drunk to pull it off with the substitute drummer (good man jay!)
    c) not sure if conor and skinny think we're that good!!!!!!!!!

****in great gig tho....dread messiah singer is a nut job!
    Hmmm. Last post hadn't got much involving clear thought associated with it. It should have been more "I prefer PV" and just stopped there :p Yeah their singer's well into it. Had the fun jumpin about with him at the restarts yesterday :)

Here's a video Mr. "I have a chest" Anarchist took of the freebooters yesterday for anyone that doesn't read eircore:
    http://www.redbrick.dcu.ie/~dregin/video/Freebooters_Anti_Fa.3gp

Runnin' Riot cover (I didn't know this 'til yesterday). Deadly song though. The sound's not great but a good job nonetheless. <3 Janer!!!!!!11

F.M.C.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭bohspunks

thanks a million to everyone who came along and who helped us with making the weekend work, special thanks to all the bands, people who worked on the door, carried amps, cleaned up etc etc - much appreciated.

I really enjoyed the atmosphere and friendly feeling about the whole thing.

the dreads headlined in voodoo for the reason peter gives that it was harrys band, but to be honest i dont think there was ever any issues about stuff like that, people were there out of respect so band politics never entered the equation.

Havent seen the freebooters video - we have really slow country dial up here at home but look forward to seeing it in work. The Runnin Riot song is about george best and alex higgins and its called Alcoholic Heros but obviously we have totally changed the lyrics. Its on their first album, totally recommend it.

anyway i'm not feeling very healthy so thanks again!

• Advertisement

Aye, that Runnin' Riot song is pretty deadly.

Have a vid of Freebooters and Restarts I took myself.
    Pity you can't hear anything.

Sure post it up anyway if ya can.

Have a vid of Freebooters and Restarts I took myself.
    Pity you can't hear anything.

Definitley post it up.

bohspunks wrote:
    thanks a million to everyone who came along and who helped us with making the weekend work, special thanks to all the bands, people who worked on the door, carried amps, cleaned up etc etc - much appreciated.

I really enjoyed the atmosphere and friendly feeling about the whole thing.

the dreads headlined in voodoo for the reason peter gives that it was harrys band, but to be honest i dont think there was ever any issues about stuff like that, people were there out of respect so band politics never entered the equation.

Havent seen the freebooters video - we have really slow country dial up here at home but look forward to seeing it in work. The Runnin Riot song is about george best and alex higgins and its called Alcoholic Heros but obviously we have totally changed the lyrics. Its on their first album, totally recommend it.

anyway i'm not feeling very healthy so thanks again!

Anytime man. That weekend was the best weekend of my life.
    Conor your a legend for setting all this up :D

Cj

Ha! Up until yesterday I thought ye were just pullin' a fast one ripping off Runnin' Riot. Now you've gone and credited them. How unpunk Conor! Seriously though, excellent gigs, and hats off for the organisation of it all. It was the fullest I've ever seen Dalymount. If only all the gigs were that well attended...

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭bohspunks

Rip off the riot and think you could get away with out telling em?? No chance! Seriously Ralf who wrote that song for the Riot is chuffed that we cover it etc.

Now i think if you were to try a country version of johny reggae they might be a pit peed off!

http://www.redbrick.dcu.ie/~dregin/video/Runnin_Riot-22_10_2004_Track09_Alcoholic%20heroes.AVI

Can I have a big "**** OFF" to dial-up please? Much hugs and fists in the air to Janer for the recording this and passing the DVD onto me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Anarchist

dregin wrote:
    No way, I thought paranoid visions were so so, Dread Messiah were savage in Dalymount.

• Advertisement

I meant in general, tbh. I liked Dread Messiah, but I prefer PV.

Havent heard Dread Messiah but I like PV.That Alcoholc Heroes video Is ****ing great, Is that your phone Janner?

Franky Boy wrote:
    Havent heard Dread Messiah but I like PV.That Alcoholc Heroes video Is ****ing great, Is that your phone Janner?
    Its his camera.
    And its Janer.

Hi you. Runnin Riot this Saturday in the front page.

Its his camera.
    And its Janer.

Oh thought it was a phone.Anyway I hit a double 'n' by mistake.

anyone get Dread Messiah on vid by any chance?

• Advertisement

dregin wrote:
    Bit of a walk.

pearl666 wrote:
    anyone get Dread Messiah on vid by any chance?
    Think there was a bit alright. But if it was done with the camera, don't hold your breath.

dregin wrote:
    Who are they playing with, do you know?

Rancid wrote:
    Who are they playing with, do you know?
    The Apers!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭lacuna

Franky Boy wrote:
    Oh thought it was a phone.Anyway I hit a double 'n' by mistake.

Not the first time you've done that iirc!

lacuna wrote:
    Not the first time you've done that iirc!

Sorry oh great one.

• Advertisement

GET A ROOM FS!
    Subtitles are alive and kicking as we type...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Born to be wild

One of the best days had in a while cheers conor.....tallaght welshy

Is BOHS being done up now?

It was to be started on the Tuesday following the Harry Callaghan weekend.

Anyone know when it will be done by?

I dont think bohspunks did and he'd be the most likely one to know.

Advertisement