Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hottest faculty?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

The hottest boys are in arts... at least I hope they are since I'm never bothered to go investigate any other faculty
    Ditto but substitute the word "girls" for "boys" in that sentence.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

ah I think it has to be science, the girls can't resist a thin strangely pale guy who can tell his leptons from his bosons:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Linoge

Commerce deffo has a high proportion of good looking girls. But the majority of them are BOPs.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 nursebetty

Come on guys what about the nurses? If Carlsberg did Faculties.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

have i entered a time warp

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

in fairness i thought the nurses would be the way to go, i've gone into the nurses building a couple of times to scout for talent and i even joined nurse-soc but yiz didnt rock my world i'm afraid :(
    maybe i was just unlucky?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Easygainer

Law - we can claim b&l's finest too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

you're taking the piss right? RIGHT?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭JustCoz

I'd say arts, I don't do it but there's so many people in the faculty and I always see a few hotties around the arts block whenever I'm there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

irlrobins wrote:
    Conway Institute..... Its 90% female... and the proportion of hotties is higher than average....

quite true... the guys there always seem very protective of their female flock tho.

I have to science has some cuties alright, although proportionally, it's not fantastic. The decent looking ones tend to group together so they're easy to find.

I have to say Nurses seem a bit overrated to me. I mean yeah there's loads of them but like so what... Weight watchers is predominantly women but I wouldn't pick girls up there! I'm not saying nurses are fat or anything. Just like, you know, there not all they're cracked up to be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

What clown posted this thread? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

mloc wrote:

I have to say Nurses seem a bit overrated to me. I mean yeah there's loads of them but like so what... Weight watchers is predominantly women but I wouldn't pick girls up there! I'm not saying nurses are fat or anything. Just like, you know, there not all they're cracked up to be.

What a charming man you are mloc......beauty is only skin deep dont you know!! Anyway I stand by me early post in that engineers and Meds are the best looking-the terrace rocks in the top totty stakes!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Linoge wrote:
    BOPs.:(
    ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

???

Blonde
    Orange
    Pink

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Linoge wrote:
    Commerce deffo has a high proportion of good looking girls. But the majority of them are BOPs.:(
    Or BOBFOCs...

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Shaque attack

Bobfocs???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭Samos

panda100 wrote:
    Anyway I stand by me early post in that engineers and Meds are the best looking-the terrace rocks in the top totty stakes!

Yeah! Engineers! The few meds I know aren't too bad either ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭ShriekingSheet

a bobfoc is one with a body off baywatch and face off crimewatch

In general, around leaving cert time I always remember Commerce and BESS being heralded as the courses with "da hottest burds". I'm in Commerce now and as soon as it was confirmed I was going there, many guys i know commented how I was gonna be surrounded by hotties.

Unfortunately (for we comm boys) it's a bit of a myth. Although I think it's more to do with the rugby type guys who go for that certain type of "doddy's girl" who see going out with a BOP as a way to emulate Ross O'Carroll-Kelly and therefore fulfill their dreams haha. I'm messing of course but you know what I'm getting at!

The most beautiful girl I've ever seen is in second nursing. Saw her in the student bar at Aslan a while ago and got the guts up to go say hi, actually hit it off with her really nicely and bottled it just as I was gonna ask for her number haha! Just said "yeah, I'm sure I'll see you in the bar during the week" which was IDIOTIC seeing as I barely ever go to the bar! Last time I got tongue tied like that I was at a kiddies disco LOL

anyway based on that, my answer: Nursing

panda100 wrote:
    What a charming man you are mloc......beauty is only skin deep dont you know!!

You're quite right, I only avoid fat women because of the inevitable heartbreak i'd suffer when they pass away from arteriosclerosis. Nothing to do with appearance whatsoever.

It is the hottest faculty thread however. Intelligent women, on the other hand, can be found in any faculty. Even arts.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

mloc wrote:
    You're quite right, I only avoid fat women because of the inevitable heartbreak i'd suffer when they pass away from arteriosclerosis. Nothing to do with appearance whatsoever.

Rofl, I pissed myself laughing at that. Cheered me no ends after a terrible day in the library.
    Definetely using that sometime in the future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

You guys positively disgust me. And Sangre, before your "witty" spot-the-fat-girl retort, yes, I have a weight problem. But to describe and define a person as a substance is brainless. Fat is a substance. A person is a human being. Calling someone a fat person limits that person solely to a constituent part of their physical make-up. It dehumanises the person you're condemning based solely on the fact that they have a weight problem. It perpetuates a societal problem of refusal to acknowledge that regardless of appearance a person is still a person and as such is entitled to the same respect as any other person is.

This whole thread is silly.

the thread topic is "hottest" faculty. This more or less implies physical attractiveness. Personality and depth of character just doesnt come into it.

It's got nothing to do with dehumanising people.
    Blush_01 wrote:
    Fat is a substance. A person is a human being.

If you want to get into semantics pick up a dictionary and do it properly.

adj. fat·ter, fat·test

1. Having much or too much fat or flesh; plump or obese.

It is the same usage as tall, short, thin, wobbly, fast, slow, purple or vibrating. A person can be any of these things. I have seen tall thin slow vibrating people. I have also seen many fat people. They are all people. They are all human beings.

You describe being over weight as having a weight "problem". As, ultimately, it is your body and for you do as you wish with, if you find you have any problems with it it's up to you to fix them, if you so wish. If you find objection to the fact that some people find overweight individuals less attractive, that's fine. It's just a point of view, and you can disagree with it if you like.
    It perpetuates a societal problem of refusal to acknowledge that regardless of appearance a person is still a person and as such is entitled to the same respect as any other person is.

This whole thread is silly.

There is no need, on the other hand, to perpetuate your obvious angst with the realities of human mating psychology. It's not a societal problem. It's a human instictive response to promote evolution of the human race. We are inherently programmed to avoid overweight (read: unhealthy) individuals for mating purposes.

Like Quagmire once said, fat chicks need loving too. They just have to pay for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Ok, let's do this logically. Take paragraph one of what I said. That's a reply to the posts yourself and Sangre posted previous to my post. Take the line that follows. It's a seperate paragraph in its own right and refers to the entire thread. Please don't confuse the two as following on from eachother.

Now, lets look at what you've said, in relation to what I said. I said calling someone fat was dehumanising, as fat is a substance. So let's do this properly, as you suggest.

Fat:
    The ester of glycerol and one, two, or three fatty acids.
    Any of various soft, solid, or semisolid organic compounds constituting the esters of glycerol and fatty acids and their associated organic groups.
    A mixture of such compounds occurring widely in organic tissue, especially in the adipose tissue of animals and in the seeds, nuts, and fruits of plants.
    Animal tissue containing such substances.
    A solidified animal or vegetable oil.
    Animal tissue consisting chiefly of cells distended with greasy or oily matter.
    Oily or greasy matter making up the bulk of adipose tissue and often abundant in seeds.
    Any of numerous compounds of carbon, hydrogen, and oxygen that are glycerides of fatty acids, are the chief constituents of plant and animal fat, are a major class of energy-rich food, and are soluble in organic solvents but not in water.
    A solid or semisolid fat as distinguished from an oil.

Calling someone overweight is the same as using any one of the adjectives you chose above. Overweight is obvious. Fat is offensive. Overweight is a weight problem, as is underweight - obviously it's one that is shared by those who don't bear the physicalities of it, as it's a problem for select posters on this board.

mloc, far from it being merely a case of
    objection to the fact that some people find overweight individuals less attractive, that's fine. It's just a point of view, and you can disagree with it if you like.
    it's the word fat I'm taking offence to here. You, as an individual, are perfectly entitled to have your own opinion on everything - as am I. If I'm being offensive, I expect it to be pointed out. Mating never came into it here - it was never mentioned, but by yourself. That, once again, was not the issue. Nor was reproduction. I did first psych too, I understand the psychologies behind what you're attempting to do - from personal experience, I'm not buying it. Besides, a symmetrical, rounded and cute face is one of the most important factors. You can't beat biology. Aside from that, there are certain physical qualities that we're naturally programmed with - they have nothing to do with treating another human being with respect.

You're dancing away from the issue and trying to make it something it's not. How about you stop skirting around what I said and actually read what I wrote, rather than what you think I must have written?

Blush_01 wrote:
    Now, lets look at what you've said, in relation to what I said. I said calling someone fat was dehumanising, as fat is a substance.

Overweight is obvious. Fat is offensive.

Fat is also an adjective. Semantics, my dear, semantics. If you prefer the word overweight, great. Dress it up any way you want. Forgive me for not subscribing to your politically correct pedantics.
    Mating never came into it here - it was never mentioned, but by yourself. That, once again, was not the issue. Nor was reproduction.

Once again I point out the word "hottest" in the thread topic. Hotness is a synonym for physical attractiveness. Taste aside, there are characteristics are generally found attractive or unattractive. This is related to instinctive mating practices.
    I did first psych too, I understand the psychologies behind what you're attempting to do - from personal experience, I'm not buying it...

...You can't beat biology.

I can some up your relevant points in that block of text with one word : none. You understand the psychologies but you don't buy them? I can't beat biology? We are not talking about particular individuals in this thread. I'm not accusing anyone of deserving less respect for being fat. We were merely talking about the level of attractiveness of the students in each faculty. I commented that while there are many women in weight watchers, I wouldn't rush to find a girlfriend there. It was a half serious joke. I really don't see what your getting so upset about.
    Aside from that, there are certain physical qualities that we're naturally programmed with - they have nothing to do with treating another human being with respect.

I'm glad you agree.
    You're dancing away from the issue and trying to make it something it's not. How about you stop skirting around what I said and actually read what I wrote, rather than what you think I must have written?

I think you're taking the whole thing rather too seriously. If you take offense to the word fat used in such a casual, humorous manner, then perhaps your arguments lie in threads elsewhere. This is wildly off topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭ShriekingSheet

this has gotten a little outta hand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Thread locked.

mloc banned for a week.

Grow up ffs.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement