Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Need advice on girl.

• 29-10-2005 9:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I'm a 14 year old, 3rd year guy and while at a club recently I hit it off with a girl that I really dig. The only thing is that I barely know her but I would love to go out with her. I'm a popular guy in school but shes always been on my mind. Ive never had a proper girlfriend, Ive just had loads of one night stands. Because the atmosphere in a club is so alive I've never had any trouble summing up the courage to ask a girl but when it comes to a less surreal atmosphere I'm really shy.Anyone got any tips/advice? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Night clubs at fourteen?....fair enough then.
    Do you know anything about this girl? Any common interests you share?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Nightclubs?
    One night stands?
    14?

Jesus..
    Erm, I think you're entitled to give me advice!

Seriously, find out if you have anything in common with her, other than that, just carry on doing.. what you're... <ahem> doing..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Some Guy wrote:
    The only thing is that I barely know her but I would love to go out with her.
    Try getting to know her i.e text/call her or meet up with her a few times and see how it goes. You could do it as a group if you're shy like your friends and her friends go bowling or whatever 14 year olds like to do.
    Some Guy wrote:
    I'm a popular guy in school but shes always been on my mind.
    So girls are usually only on the minds of unpopular guys eh?:p
    Some Guy wrote:
    Ive never had a proper girlfriend, Ive just had loads of one night stands.
    I'm going to presume(and hope) that by "one night stand" you mean just scoring a girl for the night and then heading home after the disco ends....
    Some Guy wrote:
    Because the atmosphere in a club is so alive I've never had any trouble summing up the courage to ask a girl but when it comes to a less surreal atmosphere I'm really shy.Anyone got any tips/advice? Thanks

Again, I reckon you should try and organize a few get togethers either. For the first few times do it as groups but when you're out just give her your attention, get to know her and then just before you fall into that horrible "Friend" zone make your move.The better you get to know her the less shy you'll be around her so after a few times out as a group, try asking her out by herself. The worst she can say is No but if you don't go for it you'll always be wondering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I know what you're saying but I barely know her. I've never spoken to her before that night.

[quote/] I'm going to presume(and hope) that by "one night stand" you mean just scoring a girl for the night and then heading home after the disco ends....
    :D
    Yes thats correct.I'm only 14 so I prefer to steer away from that sort of thing. She is a very attractive girl and I know there are a lot of other guys who would wish that they could go out with her and thats half my problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Hey Some Guy!, just to clarify..

A one night stand isn't when you meet some girl in a club and snog her for the evening.. you do know that...right? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

Laguna wrote:
    Hey Some Guy!, just to clarify..

A one night stand isn't when you meet some girl in a club and snog her for the evening.. you do know that...right? :eek:
    yeah what you refer to Guy are more once offs... one night stand is, get laid, leave. Or go back to his "rented cottage".... ah good times...

Try find some sort of common ground and just start up a conversation with her. Or if you know she likes you then just say something like "Wanna go see Wallice and Gromet???"

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Some Guy wrote:
    Yes thats correct.I'm only 14 so I prefer to steer away from that sort of thing. She is a very attractive girl and I know there are a lot of other guys who would wish that they could go out with her and thats half my problem.
    *PHEW*
    We at ma maison were worried about you.....

Anyway you seem to be doing well with her,ask her to the cinema or for coffee or something.Whatever people do these days...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Blondie86Star

First of all never call scoring someone for one night a 'one night stand'.

Im sure you've some mutual friends so you could arrange to meet up with them n tell em 2 bring her along.

I was gonna suggest getting p***** and scoring her, but you're only 14, so jus be nice and funnyn bring her 2 mcdonalds r summin later

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

stop using text speak.

Just don't worry about it, be friends with her a bit first and work it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

jesus.
    and to think i was 19 when i lost my virginity....

anyhow, you can just like, talk to her and stuff...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭_sara_

next time you see her ask her for her number or ask one of her friends for it then just text her and then ask her what she thinks of you and since its text you wont be as shy!

Advertisement