Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TY... an extra year for LC??

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

Omg stay away from painkillers Fobia, you get addicted to them and then you end up injecting them into your eyeballs and living on the streets and committing crime and all your teeth fall out and you turn into a stoner.
    I try to avoid painkillers unless they are like uber neccessary

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Flashling

Wow. Jakkass sounds like me. A lying me.

*stern voice*Now stay on topic!

Yes, transition year is an extra year for the Lc. On account of it being an extra year before the Lc.

Flashling wrote:
    Wow. Jakkass sounds like me.
    great people sound alike :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

Jakkass wrote:
    I try to avoid painkillers unless they are like uber neccessary

Like when there's near 0 yokes going around? I know what you mean alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Erm, ahem... as far as TY being an extra year for the LC, it definitely is for language subjects, what with them not having a particularly set syllabus. Actually we're doing one of the short stories on the Irish LC course but, ahem, only for... 'cultural reasons', of course. *coughs*

Jakkass, painkillers are never necessary. Only a junkie tries to justify their usage. As if a broken leg needs painkillers.

• Advertisement

Jakkass, painkillers are never necessary. Only a junkie tries to justify their usage. As if a broken leg needs painkillers.
    which means i dont take drugs and im cool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Flashling

Delusion is a wonderful thing. Yeah, I didn't log out and my brothers have told me they posted in my name, so if you see some weird posts...

On topic, we're doing the course in maths, is that not allowed?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Diarmsquid

Apparently not, there's supposed to be a set TY sylibus. We're doing LC stuff too though. But also, other stuff like Modulo Arithmathic.

Diarmsquid wrote:
    But also, other stuff like Modulo Arithmathic.

Maths and magic, mixed together?

Watch, as I pull the equation out of my hat. IT'S A QUADRATIC!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

In my school they did part of the Maths LC course in TY to give us an introduction and started afresh at the 1st chaper of the book again at the start of 5th year. It was a great idea because many of us tried Higher Level Maths in TY and realised just how hard it would be and dropped to Ordinary at the start of 5th year. You may think that your school are using it as an extra LC year but more than likely at the start of 5th year you'll see that it was all just preparation.

Well thats certainly a bad thing. People shouldnt be encouraged to drop down to pass maths. There are very few things you can do in college with out some level of mathematical backgorund. Even things like psychology and sociology, which are full of stats.

Leaving Cert Maths is fifficult just like Leaving Cert English is difficult. The reason so many people don't do it is because of its undeserved reputation for being impossible.

And also, you say its all just preperation? Junior certificate maths is prepertation for Leaving Cert. Anything you do in TY will most likely be part of the leaving cert course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Diarmsquid

I thought it was Modulo Arithmathic, but now I'm not sure. We didn't pull anything of of our hats. Just wrote. He said it was on the GCSE course in England.

I want to do the Modulo Arithmathic your school are doing.

Well thats certainly a bad thing. People shouldnt be encouraged to drop down to pass maths. There are very few things you can do in college with out some level of mathematical backgorund. Even things like psychology and sociology, which are full of stats.

Leaving Cert Maths is fifficult just like Leaving Cert English is difficult. The reason so many people don't do it is because of its undeserved reputation for being impossible.

And also, you say its all just preperation? Junior certificate maths is prepertation for Leaving Cert. Anything you do in TY will most likely be part of the leaving cert course.
    Its not encouraging people to drop down to pass maths its just helping people to be realistic about doing higher level maths for the leaving cert and perhaps they arent just capable of it. I have already decided thanks to 4th year that im going to do Ordinary level maths for LC because i got a D in the Junior Cert Higher and I find the LC Ordinary Level difficult enough already

Diarmsquid wrote:
    I want to do the Modulo Arithmathic your school are doing.

Since when did your ability to pull things out of hats depend on what school you're in? Some creativity, man!
    I'm stupid.

Think I might adopt that as a sign-off. Looks cooler than "dave", anyway.

Fobia, you took a headache pill, didn't you? I told you. I warned you, didn't I, they make you see things, they make you hallucinate posts. I warned you and what did you do? You took one.

Oh you'll end up on the streets you will.

Fobia, you took a headache pill, didn't you? I told you. I warned you, didn't I, they make you see things, they make you hallucinate posts. I warned you and what did you do? You took one.

"One"?
    Oh you'll end up on the streets you will.

Only when I go out to slap you for not bringing in enough money..
    "Damn ho wheres ma money?!"
    I'm stupid.

What, boy? You took more than one? Oh you filthy junkie.

See, 'tis the youth of today, these junk-ees, they're the ones causing all the problems in society. Calling their respected peers whores and the like. Disgraceful, DaveO. Just disgraceful.

What, boy? You took more than one? Oh you filthy junkie.

It said 20 on the box, honest.
    Calling their respected peers whores and the like.

Down, strumpet.
    I'm stupid. And I have Aids.

Advertisement