Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

children..

Options
  • 29-10-2005 11:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

i moved into a flat bout two years ago. i say flat but its tiny, in that time ive had a child with an ex partner, i see the child every weekend, ive never had a lease and after my child was born i was forced into signing an agreement saying my child would not live in the house, now my landlord is ringing threatning me telling me to go because the child was crying when visiting(for bout an hour only i may add) im by no means the loudest tennant there but can she evict me for having my child visit for a few hours a week?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,392 ✭✭✭✭Victor

You are entitled to visitors. You are entitled to make reasonable noise.

On the flip side, fellow residents are entitled to peaceful occupation.

On balance I think the landlord is over-reacting.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

tell him to get stuffed...he's over-reacting just a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭samo

I had a similar scenario when I rented a few years back, that the landlord had a clause outlined in the rent book that no children were allowed to enter/visit or stay in his premises! if they did and he gave authorisation a fee of £30.00 (Punt!) was payable per day!

It was one of the most bizarre things I ever came across whilst renting and as I didnt have kids at the time I didnt ever have need to challenge it but often wonder how enforceable it was as tentants in other flats openly flouted the 'no kids rule'.

Perhaps someone like Threshold might be able to advise further if that is something legally enforceable.

Advertisement