Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NW-HD5 Help

Options
  • 29-10-2005 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭

Right got myself a Sony NW-HD5. Great Machine but I cant get the PC to recognise it. I got it cheap because the installation cd was missing, so i got a copy of a disc from one of the new walkman bean flash players that had the updated sonicstage 3.2 (the hd5 comes with 3.1). The problem is, when I connect the player, windows does its "found new hardware" thing and trys to install drivers. It goes through the process then I get the"cannot install this hardware" dialogue box". It says that " A service installation section in this INF file is invalid" , so sonicstage wont show the device as its not set up in windows.I tried it on my mates pc and it works fine (he installed sonicstage from the right cd, but its missing)

I can transfer files fine on his pc so the machine is fine. Does anyone have the correct driver or a link to it? Or alternitavly a way to fix my problem? cheers,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Get the drivers off your mate

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Get the drivers off your mate

Could'nt do that:
    Stekelly wrote:
    (he installed sonicstage from the right cd, but its missing)

Got a copy elsewhere today but its not fixing my problem. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. When I look at the device manager its showing up there but with a warning apostraphe(sp?) before it. It just wont install the driver. Any suggestions? Is there nything that I could have on my pc(or came in a recent windows update) that would stop non windows signed drivers from installing? (event though the dialogue box comes up and i hit "install anyway)

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Right it seems to be my computer. Im on my brothers computer and its working fine .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I lost my sonicstage installation disc too, but you can download it from the Sony Europe website. Just follow the link for the CONNECT music service

• Registered Users Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭oneweb

Right-click in device manager and remove or uninstall.
    Add/Remove programs - uninstall sonicstage and and files for the bean player.
    Then unplug it.
    Reboot, then run the cd again if you can.

It is what it's.

• Advertisement
Advertisement