Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Chinese restraunt in the City Centre - Recommendations?

• 30-10-2005 3:37am
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend me a good Chinese resteraunt in the city centre? Not too pricey (circa €15-€20 main meal maximum) either, if it can be helped. There's obviously a fair few but I imagine there must be a couple - non-takeaway - that excel above the others. Anyone got any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

The Good World on Georges St, and The Imperial on Wicklow St are both decent.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Shabadu wrote:
    The Good World on Georges St, and The Imperial on Wicklow St are both decent.

I second that recommendation on The Good World, however, I was not impressed by the service at The Imperial.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Fans on Dame Street is a good reliable, have been going there for years.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Well thanks but I've been by the time I saw these posts :) In the end I went to "Good World" and asked for the Chinese menu, as I had been told to do elsewhere. It was very nice :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭djmike

ixoy wrote:
    ... asked for the Chinese menu, ... :D

whats this all about ?

• Advertisement

djmike wrote:
    whats this all about ?
    The menu with the really authentic Chinese food that the Chinese people themselves eat in restaurants, rather than the westernised menus we get.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Feckin' Dubs - "youse" are all up yer own...selves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Sarsfield

Shabadu wrote:
    The menu with the really authentic Chinese food that the Chinese people themselves eat in restaurants, rather than the westernised menus we get.

And is it written in Chinese too?

I think it's funny the way people want 'authentic' food. As though its more sophisticated. 'Authentic' usually means plain. Genuine Chinese food consists mainly of a bowl of rice and some veggies :) Is that what's on the Chinese menu?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭^CwAzY^

I recommend Maple Leaf on Wexford St.

Raiser wrote:
    Feckin' Dubs - "youse" are all up yer own...selves.
    Enjoy your ban. No personal attacks, please. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭CodeMonkey

Sarsfield wrote:
    And is it written in Chinese too?

I think it's funny the way people want 'authentic' food. As though its more sophisticated. 'Authentic' usually means plain. Genuine Chinese food consists mainly of a bowl of rice and some veggies :) Is that what's on the Chinese menu?
    It's in chinese but a lot of the items has english translations. And authentic chinese food doesn't mean plain chinese peasant food. Not that the food traditionally eaten by the poor are bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭babypink

gotta agree with The Good World! tasty as hell

Advertisement