Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Did you ever have a regret

• 21-09-2001 3:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭

I have to say firstlly to whoever came up with the idea of having this board, I take my hat off to you kind person. I was one of those ppl that as a teenager thought that there was no point in having irish, what was the need for having it other than if you wanted to be a guard or work in some division of the government, but now as an adult (or claiming to be one at least) i have to say that with my hand on my heart i regret so badly giving up irish in school. But comming to this section of boards i have noticed one thing, i can actually understand some of the conversation so there is some hope for me, (i hope).

Finally is there anywhere in dublin that i could actually go to improve my basic irish, i dont want to be fluent as gaeilge but i would like to be able to understand it in the context of conversation.

Once again keep up the good work and thanks again

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Yeah I barely passed pass irish. I do wish that I had actually more than the ability to say I went to the shops agus cheannigh mé a lan rud. Twas only when I left school that I realised it's actually quite a fluid and beautiful language. Besides that weather girl on TG4 turns me on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭Doctúir

Originally posted by nanook

Finally is there anywhere in dublin that i could actually go to improve my basic irish,

Féach anseo:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=27678

Advertisement