Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why is there never anything decent on for holloween

• 30-10-2005 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭

every year theres never one decent horror on, and its getting worse every year, why dont RTE and all those others do someting about it

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

your local video shop might have something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Isnt Audition on ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭meldrew

Gerry Ryan is on is'nt that enough horror for anyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Tusky wrote:
    Isnt Audition on ?

Bah I fell asleep halfway into that....looked very promising

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

It's probably for exactly the same reason that there's very little good on at Christmas. The TV networks have long realised that spending a lot of money during large holidays doesn't increase viewing figures. If anything the spend on Christmas, Halloween, etc is lower than the rest of the year.

As for the poor choice we get from that 'cheap' TV - that's the reason that I don't watch much TV any more. There are only about three/four program's I'd even bother turning on the TV for these days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

they arnt evenshowing Hocus Pocus this year, its feeling less and less like halloween every year.....i blame.......the government, ye ye thats it, its the governmments fault!!!!!!

btw anyone know where i can get an Eamon Dunphy/Bertie mask?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Nimrod's Son

Surely it wouldn't have killed the TV stations to put on some good late night horror movies. The only ones I recall being on over the weekend were The Omen II and Audition. Not good enough by half!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

TG4 had The Lost Boys on Last week and Donny Darko on yesterday (01.10.05)

I don't understant XXX on RTÉ One.

Channel 4 was the best with its late night movies and documentries.

Yeah I think they should put more of an effort in during halloween.

Every year I am disappointed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Elmo wrote:
    I don't understant XXX on RTÉ One.

maybe because it was pure evil that had it released in the first place. horrible horiible movie

Advertisement