Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Question For FLAG.

Options
  • 30-10-2005 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭

I am a bit worried about the new CJB that is going to be introduced.
    In it their is a mention that all firearms that are dangerouse will not be licenced.
    Does this mean pistols, .223 calibers and high powerd rifles for stalking?
    Will it mean that folks with pistols and .223 rifles ect, will have to hand them in when the bill is inroduced.?
    Also, about security, is it just an aprooved gun safe we need to put in, or a massive expensive alarm system fitted aswell?
    Any info much appreciated, thanks.:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭FLAG

Hi Keelan

Read the post on the "Department of Justice Seeks............Page 5.

Certain firearms will be restricted, ie they will be licensed by the commissioner or his appointee, the firearms legislation in regard to qualified individuals remains the same. If you can provide adequate reason for requiring any firearm and are not diseentitled by way of the act then there is no reason for a license not to issue regardless of the restrictions imposed by the new CJB.

If however you are refused you will be able to appeal the decison to the district court, seems to me like a good deal better than our current situation!

Regarding provision of security the legislation in this regard has already been published, Section 30 of the CJB, provision of secure accomodation for a firearm..............what is secure accomodation, well if you live in Colditz then a gun safe will not be required. Secure accomodation is a fairly broad definition of keeping your firearm locked up, I suspect reasonable securtity arrangements will be expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Keelan

Thanks very much for that.
    So their is no reason, if you already own say a licenced .223 rifle or pistol, for it to be revoked, when the bill comes in?
    That more than anything else, worried me, as i dont want to have them revoked under the new bill. I got a bit confused when i read the CJB, it does not make it too clear about what you are already licenced for.
    Thanks.

Advertisement