Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Letseatin

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

Shabadu wrote:
    Dr.Dre, please no more bumping to pimp family business. :)

Ok Im not really promoting the business as most people dont even live in the area :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

get somewhere to serve D22 please :p

I wish there were places that delivered decent non chinese/Indian/Thai/Pizza (I like all these, just some variation would be nice).

A nice roast, or shepards pie, a decent italian?

There is an 'italian' place that does pizzas and some pastas, but it is grim, to say the least. I probably shoudn't name it, dunno.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 308 ✭✭Oirthir

The-Rigger wrote:
    I wish there were places that delivered decent non chinese/Indian/Thai/Pizza (I like all these, just some variation would be nice).

A nice roast, or shepards pie, a decent italian?

Suppers Ready sounds like what your after, but i'm pretty sure you'd be outside it's catchment area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

I went to one of these places based on this thread. The one in Sandyford. It wasn't up to scratch at all. It was pretty bad to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

have to agree, orders were consistently wrong, the worst being ordering a meal for 2, and only 1 arrived, without much of a satisfactory resolution.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭quazzy

I've used the Blanch premises a couple of times and never had any problems with them.

frobisher wrote: »
    I went to one of these places based on this thread. The one in Sandyford. It wasn't up to scratch at all. It was pretty bad to be honest.
    Could you please PM me and explain what was wrong so we can resolve this issue.Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=55317465&postcount=69

Still haven't received any response and I feel that being overcharged by 8.50 is pretty steep. I filled in a comment form on the site the same day I made that post (6th of March).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Wook

used to be good at the blanch area untill i found some metal bits in my food.
    like metal scraped off and very sharp about 17 cm long lint.
    since then, kind stopped ordering from them.

Attol wrote: »
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=55317465&postcount=69

Still haven't received any response and I feel that being overcharged by 8.50 is pretty steep. I filled in a comment form on the site the same day I made that post (6th of March).

Hi, I have contacted the Head office, who have stated they did recieve your email and replied and your account had been credited with the remaining balance that week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Wook

I think it was metal bit scraped of a wok, same colour i think and very sharp.
    i kept it for a few weeks contemplating what to do with it, in the end i just didnt bother. And stopped ordering.
    Food was good, sometimes too much onions but good and tasty....except for the metal strip

(this in response of the person sending me a personal message with his personal messages disabled:))

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

My experience felt like a genuine rip off. But I think that unfortunately in Ireland food places can get away without really paying attention to detail. I ordered a warm duck orange and fennel salad. It was just all wrong. There was very little duck and there was nothing warm about it, which isn't so bad if everything else is ok. But it wasn't. The oranges were unripe and acidic and plain horrible. The salad green was iceberg too. There's nothing technically wrong with serving iceberg but it is the cheapest and blandest of all lettuces. Not what I'd expect from a salad costing €11 in a restaurant, never mind a a take away. There was also no fennel in it. Nada. I mean surely the chef knew that when he was making it!!? I would've been more than happy to order something else. I also ordered chicken wings which the menu proclaims being amazing. I'm a huge wings fan and the jury is out I'm afraid. They were ok and not exactly cheap. THey also forgot to deliver the blue cheese dip which was a small thing but a PITA.

I rang them and they were polite but utterly unconcerned. Rip off Ireland. It's a pain. That night I couldn't decide whether or not to go out and decided to stay and have a nice night chilling out and and pay the extra for a nice takeaway, an hour later I'm left with overpriced crap that I threw in the bin. They refunded the cost of the dips and salad but was the least they could do and still not worth the hassle, time and poor food and service. I've had places turn around before and we all make mistakes. I used to be a chef myself, I know these things can happen so maybe I'll give it a second shot but up to here I was very dissapointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭skibum

Just had a meal from the shankill branch, not at all impressed with what we got. I had the chicken tikka masala, it was edible, bland and totaly unremarkable, I was tired and hungry, it was eaten.

The kids had the chicken balls and chips, which were an utter disgrace, the chips were cold, soggy and looked like they were varnished instead of fried. The chicken balls were like rubber, needless to say he left most of it on the plate.

The other kids meal was the soft noodles which my daughter thought was nice enough...

The two bottles of orange juice supplied with the meal were both out of date (13/04/08) not the end of the world but my daughter picked up on the taste which made me check the best before date.

Overall, not happy, had a similar experience late last year and decided to give them a chance (mainly because yumyumbray.com was closed) but nothing much has changed in my experience.

I filled out their online feed back forum and rang the branch, I'm not looking for any type of compensation / freebie as I won't be trying them again.

End of rant :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

Myself and the missus regularly order from the Blanchardstown branch and are very rarely let down tbh. My only issue with them is their insane love of onions which I hate. I can understand that some dishes have onions as an ingredient, but the sheer amount of onion that goes into the dishes(and their noodles!) is sometimes shocking. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

skibum wrote: »

Overall, not happy, had a similar experience late last year and decided to give them a chance (mainly because yumyumbray.com was closed) but nothing much has changed in my experience.

Is Yum Yum's any good? Is it closed for good or did you just mean at the time of day you were ordering?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭skibum

Is Yum Yum's any good? Is it closed for good or did you just mean at the time of day you were ordering?

Yum yum wasn't open that day, just had a look at the website and it looks like they are open wednesday to sunday.
    Had food from there tonight, the chicken Korma was lovely, sauce was great and the chicken cooked just right(not rubbery / chewy or tasteless), junior had the kids burger and chips, cooked just right and the chips were nice too.

I don't work there or have any connections to the place other than we get consistently good food from there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,529 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

The Bombay Pantry is generally very high quality - and there's one across from Superquinn in Bray now. Also, I recommend The Indian takeaway at the back of Palmers Golden Ball, near Kiltiernan. Very good food, and very rarely a wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

kyub wrote: »
    Myself and the missus regularly order from the Blanchardstown branch and are very rarely let down tbh. My only issue with them is their insane love of onions which I hate. I can understand that some dishes have onions as an ingredient, but the sheer amount of onion that goes into the dishes(and their noodles!) is sometimes shocking. :eek:

Ok I jynxed myself with this one! I ordered from them on Friday night and it was absolutely woeful. I got garlic mayo that was off and chips that looked like they had been reheated at least 4 times or else cooked incorrectly. I also got a very bland pizza which wasn't very nice at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

As DrDre has had his posting privileges removed and is unable to comment, I am closing this thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement