Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An IRC channel??

Options
  • 21-09-2001 3:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭

Lo all. I was thinking today about setting up an IRC channel on one of the irc servers in this country so we can all come and chat. This would be particularly handy for all us users who are willing to setup a WAN. What do you think. Maybe we could have the channel ( called #irelandoffline ) on phishy or somewhere else.

Thanks for reading and tell me what you think

Matt

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

The only problem I see is that people will think less before they type. Most people that type in these threads take time to reread what they say before they submit. IRC might turn into a screaming match.

However I'll lurk away in there if needs be and answer any Cork related questions.

Damien.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

Nice Link there Yellum ;)

Advertisement