Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling the game

Options
  • 30-10-2005 4:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭

This isn't an offer, just wondering what the story is with selling accounts, charachters and games. I'm getting bored of WoW and I want to sell it. Does anyone know if you're allowed do this or will blizzard use their all mighty powers and ban the account?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

If you're caught they'll ban you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

Funky wrote:
    If you're caught they'll ban you.
    So if you sell the game with out the charachters you'll be banned, making it the buyers risk?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

I'm not sure what the policy is on the game minus any characters, but if you go on to ebay and WTS LVL 60 NE ROGUE LOTZ OF EPIX, and get caught they'll ban that account.

Obviously selling off an account with no characters on it makes it almost impossible to get caught.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

They'll ban it if they find out about it, yeah. You can see accounts on Ebay and the technicalities people to use to get around that. I would discourage posting about it here though, but I'm sure there are sources for this type of information.

Advertisement