Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accessing the default gateway

• 30-10-2005 6:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭

I'm using a wireless router and can't access the default gateway. I have ran ipconfig/all to check the i was using the correct address. I can ping it no probs and i have even turned off the firewalls and removed them.

I still can access the default gateway. Anyone have any ideas on what to do?:mad:

I still have a connection, but if something goes wrong in a while

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭arcane99

What type of wireless router

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭Gaz25

Netopia wireless suplied by EIRCOM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Diabolus

I noticed lots of Wireless Routers require a LAN connection to access it once setup. Prevents wireless hackers stealing info and settings.

I'm connecting using a network cable, i haven't turned on the wirless as i only have one desktop at the moment.

I still can't access the F**ker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Diabolus

2 Options Left.

1. Try telnet to the bastad
    2. Reset her ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

manually enter the default gateway 192.168.1.254 in your network card tcp/ip settings, could be a problem with your network card or cable, is the lan light on the router?

Yeh, The power, Lan, Dsl and wireless lights are all on. I can ping it no probs. I'm AVG and Sygate bu have removed them both. I rang eircom but they just fobed me off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

as Diabolus said try telneting to the router
    start>run>type "telnet 192.168.1.254" (Default gateway usually)

ur other option is to press the button at back of router and reset the default settings, u should b able to connect then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭joe_chicken

yeah... you can even change settings and the likes on the netopia when you telnet into it... there should be some stuff on the netopia website

Advertisement