Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insane Bug of Doom!!

Options
  • 30-10-2005 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭

Playing a game as Aston Villa:

League Cup Final, against Liverpool. Game finishes 1-1 AET, so it goes to penalties... Stuart Taylor is a hero and saves every single one, and Villa win 3-0 on penalties. "Great" I'm thinking to myself.

First sign of madness, when I give my team talk I can't press confirm, so I just click continue and forget about congratulating my players.

Then I'm greeted with all sorts of headlines about "Villa defeat in League Cup" and how Liverpool won 3-2 on penalties! It definately counted it as a Liverpool win as I got no prize money or anything!

Very strange!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Are you sure you didnt lose? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Positive! :D

Taylor saved every Liverpool penalty, and Angel/Phillips/Milner scored for Villa. :o

Needless to say, I closed the game after that, and have just got round to replaying it:

61' Vanden Borre brings down Morientes in box. Penalty, and red card. Vlla down to 10 men!
    61' Taylor saves penalty!
    63' Villa 1-0 G.Barry
    66' Villa 2-0 Baros

Sweeeeeet! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

That happened to me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Happened my brother in the demo in an earlier round of the cup. Are both of you patched up? I don't fancy having this happen to me...

• Advertisement

Yups, 6.01 before even starting the game! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Einst&#252 wrote: »
    Yups, 6.01 before even starting the game! :o

Righto, I'll have to save the game before every cup game so.

Seemingly so! Thankfully mine had autosaved about 4 days before it, so I could just close it down and restart. An absolute shocking bug to have in the final release, especially if there were reports of it before!!

Advertisement