Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoD2 is GREAT!

• 30-10-2005 8:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭

Here are some screenshots I took for you. Simply loving it! :D

shot0000.jpg
    shot0006.jpg
    shot0011.jpg

And a few of me finishing first (just gotta show off!):

shot0022.jpg
    shot0009.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Kare Bear

Is it out in europe now??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

Kare Bear wrote:
    Is it out in europe now??

Not till Friday.

I hope thats a legally aquired copy you have there. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

No... Next Friday... :(

Arabel wrote:
    Not till Friday.

Of course! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭crowl

the game is nice yeh
    with a few bugs/glitches fixed it could do very well

• Advertisement

crowl wrote:
    the game is nice yeh
    with a few bugs/glitches fixed it could do very well
    Which ones? Apart from a slight bug at the very start of every round that lasts 1/10th of a second (looks like it's some kind of lag) I didn't notice any bugs or glitches...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

but dude how? I got the ehem..."legal version" too, but can't play on servers :(

only sp, which I went through in like 4 hours.

Use All Seeing Eye! Just update it so you have CoD2 on the left and you can access to all servers in Europe as you do for CoD & UO! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭greglo23

does it come with Big Red One or is that a seperate game ?

OK , after a bit more playing and getting used to the game, settings up binds, I have to say this game is NOT good, it is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rifles are deadly, and I mean DEADLY!

the sweetest rifle is Nagant Mosin(I like how it's being reloaded, and the guy has cut off gloves) followed by Kar98 and Enfield, which is harder to shoot now btw

the best sniper is Enfield! then Nagant then Springy and Kar98

the net code is great, I've been playing on the US servers with 170 ping and didn't notice any lag at all.

the fast nade hotkey is very very handy, toggling between guns with just 1 button is great(you can assign it to mouse's button if you mouse has forward/back buttons like MX510)

If you still are undecided about buying this game, I can tell you that this game is easily worth every penny you pay for it, just when you get it, give it a little time, get used to it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

The graphics don't look too spectacular when they're all turned down judging from those screenshots. My mates ordered the game from America anad they have proper gaming machines. They said they can just about manage 125 fps with everything turned down at the lowest. They usualy get an average of 200 fps on brecourt in CoD. If this is the case then I ams so screwed. I'd say I willl manage about 60fps max.

Honestly, don't worry about fps Binomate. In CoD it was important (along with ping) but somehow they've managed to make a game that works well on all machines/connections!
    I have a crappy 9500 PRO and on most maps I'm at around 60~70fps (indoors I manage to hit 125fps but outside not a chance...) but I have no problems playing CoD2! No lag whatsoever even if fps drops to 40 for a second or two!
    And sometimes when I check the scores I'm surprised to see my ping in the high 100's cos you don't "feel it" one bit! Not like you used to with CoD anyway!
    Last night I played some DM and I somehow managed to finish 1st and I was really surprised to see my ping was a constant 200ms when the score board at the end came up up! :eek:
    I'm really loving this game and can't wait to stat playing games with my team! FFA is fun but it's not THAT fun...
    And that shotgun! Man what an awesome weapon! Deadliest weapon ever! In hand to hand combat of course! Useless passed 15ft...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Arabel wrote:

Why? We know every one will buy it when it comes out to play it online. Almost Any one that has it in Eurpoe now has a pirate copy unless they got a review copy or what not.

BY the way I noticed one thing about that the rail yard pic. It could be a shot from COD1 it doesent do the game justcice. Take a screen shot of about tha same view and put them up together see who can tell witch is witch?

BY the way I noticed one thing about that the rail yard pic. It could be a shot from COD1 it doesent do the game justcice. Take a screen shot of about tha same view and put them up together see who can tell witch is witch?
    I'll do that this evening

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

tut tut tut!!! a moderator admitting an illegal version :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

How does the no health bar thingy work out online? Good/bad?

jonnybadd wrote:
    How does the no health bar thingy work out online? Good/bad?
    To be honest I was worried about this BIG TIME! But it's great! You don't have to worry about your health anymore! If you get shot, everything goes red and you're panting away but after what, 5, maybe 10 seconds, everything's back to normal (full health I guess)! It was odd at first but after a few minutes it becomes natural!
    I like it personally...

yea, the health regen was my concern too, but it turn out to be just fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭Robert

Hi all,

I have being playnig Call of duty 2 online for about 2 weeks now I have to say that the game play is very similar to the original only difference is bettr graphics and there are some new wepons ie shotgun, Also they have included all the usuail levels and given them a makeover,

Also in answer to Steffano2002 Quote "You don't have to worry about your health anymore! If you get shot, everything goes red and you're panting away but after what, 5, maybe 10 seconds, everything's back to normal (full health I guess)!"

when you et shot wou go red and pant but your helth gets low and if you are shot again you will die.

Still I like it and have played it alot, loads of hours was good fun.

how have you been playing 2 weeks the game was released in the US only a week ago

• Advertisement

Robert wrote:
    Also in answer to Steffano2002 Quote "You don't have to worry about your health anymore! If you get shot, everything goes red and you're panting away but after what, 5, maybe 10 seconds, everything's back to normal (full health I guess)!"

when you et shot wou go red and pant but your helth gets low and if you are shot again you will die.
    After about 10 seconds you actually do go back to full health Robert. Put your cursor on a team mate when he's hit. His name will come up in red/orange (depending on damage) and will go back to green after a short while.
    Other proof: I tried getting on the roof on the railyard map by jumping out the window but I failed about 10 times in a row in one round (sad I know...). Didn't die though! :D

CyberGhost wrote:
    how have you been playing 2 weeks the game was released in the US only a week ago
    (Was thinking the same but didn't say nothing) ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭Robert

CyberGhost wrote:

Yes you are right I bought the game in Gamestop in the us and was playing it online in the us online

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Rashers

Jim Leonard Dublin is the bizz at this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

This is a strange one....still havent got my copy so was checking play and cdwow.....play is 26.99 and cdwow is the same.....but if you get the cdrom version it is only 20.49GBP which is just over 30 euro...cant see a reason for this but a pure bargain!! have DVD drive and CDRW in system so Im flying! haha!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

Big Nelly wrote:
    This is a strange one....still havent got my copy so was checking play and cdwow.....play is 26.99 and cdwow is the same.....but if you get the cdrom version it is only 20.49GBP which is just over 30 euro...cant see a reason for this but a pure bargain!! have DVD drive and CDRW in system so Im flying! haha!

yes but the postal strike might kick in in the next few days and you'll have a hernia waiting for the game to arrive !! get it in smith nelly its worth it (DVD version €45)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

It has about 5 or 6 cd's from what i here, so the dvd was a little handier to install.

Had a go at the multiplayer last night, but i only have dial up so it was more of an experiment. Managed to actually kill some people though which was good, and was getting 30fps on the max resolution.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 380 ✭✭-( i )- Wicker

I got the game on friday. Its good, but not what i hoped for. Ive been playing CoD since it first came out, so maybe my expectations were too high, but i seem to be liking the game the more i play it. I think i'll be a lot more impressed when i upgrade my pc. All my graphics settings are at the lowest and it just looks rubbish, and my fps are quite low aswell :( having said that though, i have the bare min spec...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Drapper wrote:
    yes but the postal strike might kick in in the next few days and you'll have a hernia waiting for the game to arrive !! get it in smith nelly its worth it (DVD version €45)

Yeah thats what I was going to do but heard on radio this morning the strike wasnt going to happen??? said they made an agreement last night??? not sure how right I am.....strike or no strike it still takes them an age!! guess I will call into Smyths on way home...any good servers yet?>???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

The G.F.F have a hq server which is excellent, pretty much full (think its a 20 man) all day yesterday

Advertisement