Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

are these timberland boots nice or ...... ?

• 30-10-2005 9:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭

Im half thinking about buying these mens boots for roughly 80 sterling altogether on ebay and was wondering what others might think of them. They seem nice enough in the picture but it could be a different story when I have them in person. So im wondering is it worth the risk ;) . There timberland 6" classic and the colour is burgundy

http://i5.ebayimg.com/02/i/05/46/c2/91_1_b.JPG

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,035 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Not so sure about the white round the back of the ankle personally. Kind of gives them a "santa claus" look.

By the way, does anyone know if there's a Timberland store in Dublin? There's one in Cork alright but I haven't found one in Dublin yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

There's a Timberland store in Dundrum.

And the white on the boots is a bit manky, but other than that they're nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭d4gurl

imo no simple as that :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

Yep the white is mank! . i dont know what i was thinking ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

They look a little girly in that colour. For 80 Sterling though could you not get a pair here in a shop?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

The white sole is a bit much. Though I quite like the colour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

omg dont buy those bootyz lol :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭Gaz25

I have pair of timberland and they are great beacuse they are so comfortable, but the only problem you will have is try to keep them clean and prob be harder now with winter and the wet weather. I put water over mine and dry it off with the hair-dryer haha:D

I wouldn't buy those if you paid me.:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Can't you get a nubuck protector spray for them? What's the point in the water/hirdryer thing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

on a girl they are alright, guys dono.. maybe if ur a black gangsta rapper..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

Gaz25 wrote:
    I have pair of timberland and they are great beacuse they are so comfortable, but the only problem you will have is try to keep them clean and prob be harder now with winter and the wet weather. I put water over mine and dry it off with the hair-dryer haha:D

I wouldn't buy those if you paid me.:p

thats exactly what i do with my Caterpillars!! And people said we wudnt be able to keep them clean....we showed them:D !!

/hides the stain:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭yak_kadafi

i like em..i got a few pairs of jeans they wud go well with..........cant wear em wit any old pair.......but ya i do agree with the guy that said that they would look better on someone who was black...me lol..
    maybe try a lighter colour for urself..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Guv

I think these are about 120 or 160 in DUNDRUM - You could always get yours customised by the urbanist.

Different colour and you're set. The White is not THAT bad but a light brown on a tan boot would look better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭yak_kadafi

Guv wrote:
    I think these are about 120 or 160 in DUNDRUM - You could always get yours customised by the urbanist.

Different colour and you're set. The White is not THAT bad but a light brown on a tan boot would look better.

come to think about it...it would would look alot better.........
    customised by the urbanist?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Guv

Some chap spray painting the boots. I think he is french. Just a novelty imo to make YOUR boots unique.

Advertisement