Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setting up Belkin ADSL router for IOL

• 30-10-2005 9:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I purchased a Belkin ADSL router (F5D7632-4) to use with my IOL broadband account. I'm trying to set it up and am having problems.

I set it up as follows.....

Encapsulation: PPPoE
    Multiplexing: LLC
    VPI: 8
    VCI 35

It's set up for dynamic IP address, and the connection between the router and my computer is working (ipconfig and ping tests OK).

There IS an ADSL connection according to the setup screen (192.168... etc.), but NO internet connection. I've tried it with the following DNS settings

Primary DNS: 194.125.2.240
    Secondary DNS: 194.125.2.241

..but no go. I even tried it with automatically assigned DNS, still nothing.

I was able to set up the same model router elsewhere on an eircom broadband account.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭Gaz25

Did you get those settings from AOL, ISP have different settings for configuring routers?

have you entered your username correctly

Can you ping any Url/Ip? if not what you get back for ping results?
    if its request timed out, it's your firewall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 QwertyMonster

Yea, I got the settings from IOL. In fact, I got the DNS numbers off their online support, but when I got through to telephone support I was given different numbers.

Primary DNS: 192.111.39.1
    Secondary DNS: 192.111.39.4

Still not working, able to ping router no problem, have firewalls disabled, and according to IOL my router is making a regular connection every half hour or something. The internet light on the router even lights up!! Weird. the phone support wasn't much help either, I'm trying to get through to the Belkin one now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 QwertyMonster

Strange thing, it kind of fixed itself it seems. I was ringing Belkin tech support, on hold for ages, so I reset the router to factory defaults and reentered the data. I then left it and was reading the manual and a troubleshooting file for a while. When I clicked back to the router status it was working!!! Don't know that I did anything different, but I think I just left the DNS's automaticaly assigned and they worked after a while, now reading ns4.ns.esat.net and ns5.ns.esat.net.
    Weird

Advertisement