Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Marathon

Options
  • 30-10-2005 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭

Good luck to everyone running tomorrow :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Ditto!
    It must be on right now actually :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

p.pete wrote:
    Ditto!
    It must be on right now actually :)

Yup!

If I wasn't sick I'd be watching it, and cheering on my mates, horrible weather for it, imagine the blisters

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Sonderval

If I wasn't sick I'd be watching it, and cheering on my mates, horrible weather for it, imagine the blisters

Having just done it, you have no idea. Soaked shoes really don't help when you hit those last 6-7 miles :/

Anyways, it was my first marathon and I'm dammned proud of myself! Didn't do spectacularly well on time (think it was around 3hr 40 mark) but I know it can be improved on. That is, as soon as my legs function again...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

Sonderval wrote:
    Having just done it, you have no idea. Soaked shoes really don't help when you hit those last 6-7 miles :/

Anyways, it was my first marathon and I'm dammned proud of myself! Didn't do spectacularly well on time (think it was around 3hr 40 mark) but I know it can be improved on. That is, as soon as my legs function again...

I got out after a bit, it would've been horrible. I'd be well pleased if I did 3:40 for a first time.

Well done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭FlyOver

Which Dublin club is the best for training for a marathon?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Common Sense

I've just watched a recording of the highlights over the Marathon on TV3. Maybe I'm too used to BBC etc. but this was the worst piece of athletics broadcasting I've ever seen. The men's race seems to have been fascinating, at one stage they showed three guys in front and one would've expected the winner to have come from these. The next shot they showed the Ukranian (who was not one of the three and nowhere to be seen was now in the lead. Surely they should have shown his run from wherever he was to first gain contact with the leaders and then going into the lead. Otherwise congratulations to Gary Crossan and Pauline Curley the respective Irish mens and womens 'winners'.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I did the marathon myself also. Pure torture is what it was. Me being so intelligent thought I could run it because I play soccer so I did it without any marathon or running training whatsoever. Needless to say it was kinda hard but I finished it so im delighted with myself. My legs are like two tree trunks and I can hardly walk but it was well worth it. Ill be better prepared next year!!

Advertisement