Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

US: Ep07 screen captures *SPOILERS*

• 31-10-2005 3:08am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭

I think that a lot of people's view of Michelle Rodriguez character, Ana Lucia Cortez, will change soon. If you want to know why I think this read on, but be warned that even though it's only moderate clues based on some screen captures and not absolute facts in what I refer to below it could still be classed as very spoilerish, especially if my guesswork is correct. Therefore I am tagging it as a spoiler. The following also assumes that your have seen up to Episode 5 of Season 2, so please do not read on if you haven't as I will also be mentioning something from that episode.
    Ok the reason I think people's view of Ana Lucia will change is based on some screen capture images that I saw on www.thetailsection.com. In the gallery section there are screen captures from Episode 7 'The Other 48 Days'(scheduled to air November 16th in the US), which is the first episode yet to consist 100% of flashback material, and also the first episode in which none of the 'fuselagies' appear. So no Jack, Kate,Sawyer, Locke et al, as this episode concentrates completely on what has happened to the 'tailies' in the aftermath of the crash.
    Here's what I think based on these pics.
    Pics 1 to 4 show a man I believe to be Goodwin in all of them. He is the poor fellow whose remains were found by Jin and Mr. Eko in the jungle, with a spear stuck in his chest. Ana Lucia also features in 3 of these pictures and I think it is clear from the friendly expression of both that they shared a friendship perhaps somewhat similar to Jack and Kate.
    Pics 5 to 11 show the immediate aftermath of the plane crash. In these both Ana Lucia and Mr. Eko are shown prominently as being very heroic, as we see them both dragging other survivors out of the ocean in several of the pictures. In one of the pictures Ana Lucia is straining to carry through the water what looks like an unconscious Goodwin on her back.(Though I cannot swear to it being Goodwin, as his face is turned down and he has a different shirt to the one we see Goodwin mainly wearing) All of this would seem to indicate that the tail section crashed into the water, thus raising the chances of survival in spite of falling from a lofty altitude.
    Also in these pictures is Cindy the air hostess. (She gave Jack a small bottle of some type of alcoholic beverage on the plane shortly before the crash)
    A woman who may possibly be Eko's wife appears in picture 6. Of course we can't assume because both Eko and the woman are black, that they are a couple, look at Rose and Bernard. However, in the picture where he is shown rescuing the woman, he still has his jacket on. In the other rescue pics he is down to the shirt. It is unlikely that he would put a soaking wet jacket back on again, therefore it would seem he is rescuing this woman first or at least very early in the time. This could possibly indicate that this woman is a high priority to him, perhaps because she is his wife.
    Bernard, Libby and a few other men whose names I don't yet know are also in these immediate post-crash scenes, along with a little girl being rescued by Eko.
    Pics 12 to 20 are mostly more relaxed scenes, presumably a little while after the initial panic of the plane crash. Significantly the little girl now has a teddy bear in the pics (maybe this is the teddy that the 'Others' were carrying), and there is also a little boy. The little boy has similar hair and eye colour to the girl, so I think they could possibly be brother and sister. In nearly all of the pics featuring the kids, they are with either Ana Lucia or Mr. Eko, so I think it is a reasonable guess to say that we will see Ana Lucia and Mr. Eko taking turns caring for these children while they were with the tail survivors. If Ana Lucia had started to form an emotional bond with these kids, and to then have the kids abducted (or maybe even killed) by the Others, would in my opinion be a contributing factor in her hit now and ask questions later attitude towards strangers. I think that having survived the trauma of a plane crash only to be traumatised further by the attacks of the 'Others' she is holding it together pretty well considering.
    Pics 22 and 23 again show Ana Lucia and Goodwin attempting to start a fire with the potential Mrs. Eko looking on. Again they seem to be getting along quite well in this scene.
    Pics 21 and 24 to 26 are all I believe directly related to an attack by the Others on the camp of the 'tailies'. 21 and 24 are obviously in the same moments as Ana Lucia is holding a scrap of paper in each while standing beside the same as yet unknown man. On the ground beside Goodwin is a person who is either dead or unconscious. Strangely this person (who appears to be female) is barefoot, while the tail survivors all seem to wear shoes. From the footage in Episode 5 of the 'Others' all of the legs that we saw from Jin and Eko's hiding place point of view were barefoot. It makes me wonder if this person on the ground is in fact one of the 'Others', that the tail survivors managed to overpower. I know that one of the blurred characters in pic 25 is wearing trainers, but it also looks like they are running away from the blurred character nearest the fire, so it could be one of the 'tailies' being chased by one of the 'Others'. Another reason I suspect the person on the ground in pic 24 of being an 'Other' is that she looks kind of similar to the blonde woman from the boat which abducted Walt.(She was the one who threw the Molotov cocktail at the raft). Two of the men on the boat were twins so perhaps there are more twins amongst the 'Others'. Anyway it looks like Episode 7 is definitely one to look forward to.

Comments

Advertisement