Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clay Pigeon Shooting

Options
  • 31-10-2005 4:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭

Hi All,

Well I went for my first taste of Clay shooting a couple of weeks back, and loved it, have a 65% accuracy dont know if that was luck :D Seen as im new to the sport, out side of the licencing which i have checked out, I was wondering whats the story with guns and brands, im looking for a under & over, now what do i go for, this might turn out to be a hobby but i might start competitions if i get anygood, for starting off and getting used to the sport, do i go for a game, sporting or trap gun, i understand the different shooting angles but is this important?

So
    - Are the cheap brands anygood?
    - What type of gun
    - brands

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Voodoo2

Anyone do clay shooting that can help?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Umiq88

depends on what disipline you want to get into and how serious you are about it and your budget

a good starting trap gun would be an under and over with 30" barrels
    about cheap guns they all do the same job at the end of the day you pay extra for quaility and reliability second hand guns are always a good option if you buy a gun with a good name like browning or beretta and the likes in good condition its as good a gun as any you should get a good gun for not to much

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

It depends on the discipline, i.e: Down the line shooting, or sporting. For down the line you will require a trap gun and for sporting you will require a game or sporting gun. I suggest you start off with a cheaper italian over and under ie. sportarmi etc.. see how you go and then progress onto the likes of beretta, perazzi (expensive!), valmet, browning etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭homerhop

Go to a few shoots and get to know a the regulars, if you get on well with them lads usually dont mind ya having a few shots from their gun.
    As for brands if at all possible buy a good one, you will have no problem selling it on after.
    There is a shooting grounds in Tralee and the owner seems like a nice guy, have a chat with him and he will set you off on the right track

• Advertisement

Shooting grounds in Tralee, Where? If you know?

So if i got a sporting gun for starters would it be a good starting point, would the region of €5-600 on a second hand be good enough to start off with,

Is there like one super duiper gun shop in ireland!? (i know this ireland and prob not) just wanna see a good range of guns.

I have never been at a shoot so where do i get info on that

Thanks for the info so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Kaboogie

First of all you will have to join a gun club or you will not be able to get a gun licence.

Gun Licence is sorted!

Just need Info on What to buy now!

Advertisement