Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halfway stage. Hows your team doing?

• 31-10-2005 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭

St Louis Rams 4-4
    Lost coach Mike Martz for the rest of the season due to infective endocarditis. Turned over a 3 game losing streak to beat the saints last week and the jaguars this week. This is despite losing QB bulger, WRs Holt and Bruce and LB Little (brother was shot dead). Bulgers replacement Martin had a 200yrd game last night with 2 tds and 3ints, his second career win (only played 3 season games before). RB Jackson ran for 179yards and last night the Rams had a blocked punt returned for a TD, their first time since 87.

The Good
    Two game win streak despite losing much of their offencive weapons
    Replacements holding their own
    Defence finally looks like not losing games
    Special teams (usually last in the league) have started to put in some good plays this season
    Injured players should return after the bye.

The Bad
    Martz out for season (although some consider it a good thing)
    Defence still not out of woods.
    Lost to SF :(

Prediction 10-6 with a first round playoff loss

BTW, anyone who has broadband can go to nfl.com and have live updates of scores during games with play information updated in real time. If you pay extra you can get radio coverage aswell.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭irishraven

Baltimore Ravens 2-4

Eh, I really don't want to get in to it but I'm not expecting much from tonight's game:-(

I am really loooking foward to playing the Browns again and the Vikings will be a nice one too! Thank god for teams with worse problems than us!!! ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Vikings 2-5, horrible season to be honest. So much potential and not a drop of success. Culpepper could be out for the season with the injury he picked up yesterday aswell, things are not looking good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

Raiders 3-4

Started off with a really tough schedule and lost some close games due to stupid mistakes and penalties, things are looking up tho with 2 wins on the trot and not that far off a playoff place. Theres only 1 team in the AFC really playing well (the colts, i don't rate denver or the bengals) so a 3-4 record ain't so bad at this point in the season. However if we make a wildcard slot I think we'll be doing well, we're lacking in alot of areas at the moment and paying big money for randy moss was a bit stupid (great player, but not what we needed), but thats al davis for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

^^ raiders aswell.

Mssing gibson and woodson for the season now aswell. Gonna be tough.

think we'll finish 8-8.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

I find it pretty hard to follow the football in my house but as I understand it the Jets are currently 2-5.

And that's games not quarterbacks by the way!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

I'm following The Panthers (5-2) this season, purely from a betting prospective.

Won 4 on the bounce now and Smith is on fire. Have a great chance of picking up the NFC Championship which in fairness is very weak this season, especially with the Eagles suffering. Huge game next week at The Bucs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

Tampa Bay Buccaneers ( 5 - 2 )

I was optimistic with their season until they went down to the 49'ers this week. Chris Simms sacked 5 times, turnovers, fumbles. A total shambles offensively on the day

Ranked 1st defensively which is good

Last time they were on the tv they lost to the jets so I'm hoping they won't make a repeat of that next week against the panthers.

Close division - tough to make it out of it if you can't win the easy games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

San Diego 4-4

Keep conspiring to lose games but reckon will make the play offs and i'm sure there are plenty of teams dreading them.

The four losses have been by 4, 3, 2 and 3 points

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭srdb20

Eagels

4 - 3

Disastorous match against Dallas and the Broncos had a great comeback.

Mc Nabb injured but still playing strong for the most part, fingers crossed he can finsh the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,187 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

srdb20 wrote:
    ...and the Broncos had a great comeback.

Hehe. They started with 28 unanswered points, and finished with 21 more. What comeback? And they were jammy against the Chargers, so they should really be 3-4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭srdb20

The comeback was the fact that for the first few mins of the fourth quarter we dominated untill, eh cough cough COMEBACK!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

New England, 4-3

Not looking great, given all of the injuries.

But hey, Teddy's Back!!!

I think they still have a chance if the make playoffs.
    I see a 8-6 end to the season, so they probably wont.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Seahawks 6-2 after Alexander the great rushed for 170+ yesterday, giving us a comfortable win at Arizona. Granted, not the toughest competition in the league, but we've beaten Atlanta twice, St Louis IN St Louis and the improved Cowboys in Dallas. AND we really should have beaten the redskins in Washington. Sorry, what was that? Homefield advantage? Why yes, I believe so!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭bmurphy8177

Seahawks 6-2, looking good in last couple of weeks.
    "Alexander the Great" scoring an amazing touchdown in the second half. 88 yard rushing TD. If you havent seen it yet.....go have a look.

Neil3030, home field would be nice, but lets not count those chickens just yet man. They do look good for it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

LT scores 4 as chargers hold on. What a scoring machine.

Seahawks 6-2, looking good in last couple of weeks.
    "Alexander the Great" scoring an amazing touchdown in the second half. 88 yard rushing TD. If you havent seen it yet.....go have a look.

Neil3030, home field would be nice, but lets not count those chickens just yet man. They do look good for it though.

Maybe getting a little carried away alright, got some tough games ahead. Confindent we should at least hit double figures in our win record though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Kobayashi

Seahawks man myself, pleasantly surprised at 6-2 record. Also surprised there are so many Hawks fans in Ireland! Back home in Scotland there was me and my mate and then everyone else supporting Cowboys, Redskins, Raiders etc amongst those who followed NFL. We used to subject my local to the gridiron every Sunday on Sky to the usual shouts of "what's this p**h"!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Iceman_5000

Green Bay 2-7! This is going to be the mother of all come backs! Sky should show more Green Bay games they always see to be alot better than the ones that they have on, for example Saints V Bears at LSU.... yawn...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Jaguars are 6 and 3 at the moment and are not going badly. Only a few injuries to be worried about and hopefully can continue this good start with a win at the Rams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,187 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Packers 1-7. (at halfway)

I'm still confident we can win the division.:D

We still have 4 divisional games in our last 7. Toughies against Seattle and Philly, but still doable.

Pack showed on Sunday that they are not a 2-7 team. In reality, they are a 6-3 team, who've had a few bad breaks. Gado is their 5th starter at RB this season and they lost 3 of their original 5 WR's, yet they're still doing decently on offence. If they could just cut out the TO's (and who doesn't want that?;) )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,757 ✭✭✭Trampas

my team 2-6.Mighten come last this year 49ers.

Still havent been on sky this year and still no signs to them been on but they say every team will appear once.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

The Mighty Steelers. 7-2
    couple of problems injury-wise though most notable big ben, and third string qb charlie batch leaving tommy maddox and our new super sub qb Antwaan Randle El, who threw a 51 yard td pass to hines ward last week.
    we've a great chance this year, only problem i can really see is when we hit the colts, jesus they are on fire right now, 9-0. i would love to end that streak though.
    run in is tough, no cake walk but we can do it:
    Nov 20 @Baltimore
    Nov 28 @Indianapolis
    Dec 4 Cincinnati
    Dec 11 Chicago
    Dec 18 @Minnesota
    Dec 24 @Cleveland
    Jan 1 Detroit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Bears 7-3 after a nice win against Panthers last night. Six wins in a row and heading straight for the playoffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Kobayashi

Can someone give me a shake to wake me up. Seahawks 8-2 and best record in the conference. Someones been spiking my drink...........

No sir. If St. Louis lose and we win this weekend - DIVISION CHAMPS!!

damn 7-3 and the colts are next

and big ben is back, could the steelers be the first team to beat the colts this year.

btw where's the edit button on my last post, i wanted to add this to it, instead of double posting, but it wasn't there

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Winning Hand

Neil3030 wrote:
    No sir. If St. Louis lose and we win this weekend - DIVISION CHAMPS!!

Haha, dodged a bullet against the texans tonight. 10 points down with a minute to go, get the touchdown, win the onside kick. Wilkins then hits a 47 yard field goal to put it into overtime. We force the punt and hit a 56 yard pass for the win. Now lets see what the giants have

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭dl

The Bears are still making an impression, seven in-a-row........ they say defense wins championships.... should I put a few quid on now..?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

As are the vikings, 4 in a row - 5 from last 6. We have a 'better' schedule than the bears ahead of us, granted we are chasing a 2 game gap with only 5 to go we need results to go our way starting now. I wouldn't put money on the bears at all, they were nearly beaten by the bucs there on sunday and the bucs have practically no offense besides cadillac (even a bucs fan will admit that). And the bears have no stunning offense either, even though they scored 13 on the bucs, who have the 2nd best D in the league (behind the bears) but that was due to a bucs fumble on their own goal line.

I'm starting to beleive that the vikings will nab a playoff spot, whether it be as a wildcard or as NFC North champions is another matter. One thing for sure is that the vikes and bears game in coming up will be a thriller.

Advertisement