Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

modem problems

• 21-09-2001 6:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Im having modem problems, The error im getting is port already open.... I have reinstalled the modem on a different port still the same problem also i have installed a different modem and still the same problem... can anyone help me out ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Legion

Originally posted by compuman
    Im having modem problems, The error im getting is port already open.... I have reinstalled the modem on a different port still the same problem also i have installed a different modem and still the same problem... can anyone help me out ?

First thing to do is to end task all progs (except explorer and systray) . Sometimes one of them can be the cause of the port already open.

Then i would delete all modems from the system, and reinstall yours. Modem usally goes to com1, but this can vary espically if your using a serial device such as a mouse.

Try the latest drivers for your modem if it continues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 710 ✭✭✭BattlingCheese

That program running in the background is Rnaap. If, after you're modem has hung up and this stays running then you'll have to end task it manually.

Advertisement