Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom broadband allowence

• 31-10-2005 12:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

I have just changed over to Eircom broadband. My reason for doing so was
    that I was under the impression that Always On meant just that so I could
    just pay the bill and not worry about going over my alotted time. Silly me.....
    I have read all I can about what the 8Gig download means but I just keep
    getting confused so could someone PLEASE answer me this question.
    If I watch RTE online news (1/2 hour programme video stream) every night will
    I run over my limit? And how many full lenght films (on American free tv online) do I get for 8 gigs....and if I do run over what is the charge.:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

3c for each GB over the limit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 oldandintheway

:D Thank you Jackkass

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

If I watch RTE online news (1/2 hour programme video stream) every night will
    I run over my limit? And how many full lenght films (on American free tv online) do I get for 8 gigs....and if I do run over what is the charge.:confused:
    Depends on the quality and what have ye of the stream but I'm not too sure.

But you should be ok anyway because Eircom havent charged anyone for going over their cap yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 oldandintheway

:eek: Thank you Arabel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

Jakkass wrote:
    3c for each GB over the limit
    wait sorry its 3c per MB over isnt it?

• Advertisement
Advertisement