Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

wireless security

• 31-10-2005 12:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 343 ✭✭

hi, i recently set up a wireless network at home with a linksys wireless router and smart aolynk router. I had problems on setup and(i think!) i bridged the original router to the linksys and got it working eventually. But whenever i try to add security to it i cannot connect to the network. I tried wpa but it stopped me connecting(even with right passphrase) and wireless ssid broadcast disabled means the computers cannot see the network to connect to dispite it being on the connect when available list. at the moment im using mac filtering but id rather have more.
    Also all the computers in the house are wireless so when the signal goes i have to unplug everything to move it to the comp to connnect wired to reverse the settings so thats annoying if it could be avoided.
    Sorry for this long post and hope it all made sense! If anyone would have any ideas on why it does this or how it can be fixed it would be great, thank you

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Firstly: check whether all the hardware actually supports WPA (etc.)

Disabling SSID broadcasting isn't much of a security enhancement.. (if you do decide to disable it: you simply have to supply the SSID to the client and manually set up the connection.. it'll still work.)

What OS are you using?
    If you're using Windows (XP) : Be sure to remove any "Preferred Networks" after you make a change (on the router). (So: make change on router -> Remove previous settings -> Start again. Reasoning: XP could still be trying the old settings ..)

Advertisement