Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sort of problem

• 31-10-2005 1:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

While at a nightclub recently, I spotted a girl from school and asked her a question. This girl isn't too bad looking but shes got a slutty reputation. While asking her the question she proceeded to shift me. I didn't know what to do so I went along. It didn't really trouble me that night but its been driving me crazy. What if everyone starts hating me because she shifted me?What if no-one believes my story that she came on to me? I was with some other girls that night that I liked, but what if everyone remembers me as the person who shifted a slut rather than someone who shifted these lovely girls. I don't really know what to do.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I don't think its a real problem. You both had some fun - its common for people to have fun.

While some small-minded people might comment that she's a slut / you kissed a slut (define a slut), most will actually be just that little bit jealous. You got to do something they didn't.

Separately aren't you being a bit judgemental calling her a slut?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

thats it i can't see any guys giving u grief but if they do they are jealous cos u got somewhere and if girls give u **** then its cos they are jealous cos they can't express themselves in the same way as the 'slutty girl' and just shift people at random

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Victor wrote:
    I don't think its a real problem. You both had some fun - its common for people to have fun.

While some small-minded people might comment that she's a slut / you kissed a slut (define a slut), most will actually be just that little bit jealous. You got to do something they didn't.

Separately aren't you being a bit judgemental calling her a slut?

I didn't really have fun. I didn't know what to do. She kinda is a slut. Shes had sex with some lads on more than one occasion., and shes only 14.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Blondie86Star

14!! wtf!
    ok well no1 will be angry at you or whateverm they'll just look at her as even more of a slut!

Maybe stay away frim her in the future if u dont wanna get wrapped up again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭0utshined

Be less concerned about what people think of you, you'll enjoy life a lot more.

Also, stop calling the girl a slut.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Put it down as experience! A shift is just a shift... You really have nothing to worry about. If anyone slags you off they are either jealous or pathetic.

When I was your age I shifted a few slappers. I always saw it as practice!!

Really, you are worrying over nothing... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

( A )What was the question you asked this girl?

( B )the thing that stands out to me in in you're post is you worrying about what people think of you,(poor diddums)it did'nt bother you at the time (cos you were getting some)what about the girl?Blokes like you have probably got this girl the rep that she has.

BTW.I'm a bloke.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

yes indeed, many people probably went home not having got any at all. enjoy it, nothing at all to worry about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Emmo

Maybe adjust your ideas about her too buddy.

You should learn that if you do something you should take the consequences of your actions.

You kissed a girl, so what if she made the first move, you didnt stop her. Hence you where with a girl, if you didnt know what to do maybe she was doing you a favour?

By judging her you are perpetuating the myth that a girl / woman who enjoys being intimate with a guy is a slut but a man who does that same is a stud. This is a very poor way to act and you will find that in future you will not enjoy the company of liberal and sexually adventerous woman. A bad thing let me assure you.

Dont be so narrow minded.

How do you know this girl had sex with some boys, did you see it? Maybe her reputation of being a slut is misfounded? Perhaps as she does kiss and make the first move and not hide it, in a kind of chinese whisper style chain of events some young boys ideal gossip became fact?

Maybe someone jealous that this "easy" girl didnt kiss him decided to sully her name?

I know this happend in my youth so I would say that unless you have seen something happening you withhold judgement and be happy that you got to kiss a girl at the weekend.

Respect her and it might happen again, which believe me wont happen to a lot of other 14 year olds.

Emmo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Rotide

jan waynes wrote:
    I was with some other girls that night that I liked, but what if everyone remembers me as the person who shifted a slut rather than someone who shifted these lovely girls

Pot? Call on line 2 for you from Kettle, something about your color.

So you went and shifted a few girls that night, and your calling this one girl a slut? Now i know double standards are inherant, but thats pretty blatantly hypocritical.

So what if you shifted her? Whats anyone going to say to you? "OH LOL U KISSED THAT GIRL". See how stupid that sounds?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

Rotide wrote:
    Pot? Call on line 2 for you from Kettle, something about your color.

LOL :D:D:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

i'd be more embarrissed about only getting a shift of the local slut. the local slut wouldnt even shag you? thats gotta be depressing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Kablamo!

i'm sure she regrets it as much as you do tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Jesper

Buddy just go read the Personal Issues board and you'l see what a problem is. Stop being a silly child. O and if you haven't already save you V-plates for someone you care about at 14 if this girl is sleeping around she is a slut and is to young to understand what she's doing. Do young people like you actually use contraceptive?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

Yeah Jan. Get over it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

OK, take it easy folks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

jan waynes wrote:
    While at a nightclub recently, I spotted a girl from school and asked her a question. This girl isn't too bad looking but shes got a slutty reputation. While asking her the question she proceeded to shift me. I didn't know what to do so I went along. It didn't really trouble me that night but its been driving me crazy. What if everyone starts hating me because she shifted me?What if no-one believes my story that she came on to me? I was with some other girls that night that I liked, but what if everyone remembers me as the person who shifted a slut rather than someone who shifted these lovely girls. I don't really know what to do.

so you shifted a couple of people and youre worried about your reputation with one girl?

perhaps a sense of perspective is needed?

on the other hand, she may be getting a ribbing for shifting you. you may not actually be gods gift to women you know...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

don't worry about it noone will remember you met her if she was meeting a lot of people.Also please stop calling this porr girl a slut I know it hurts and she may just be having fun.calling her a slut will just encourage other people to objectify and slag other girls.

Advertisement