Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

joining a boxing club at18

Options
  • 31-10-2005 2:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

hi im 18 and am threating to join a boxing gym on and off the last year but feel like a tool.going into the gym i get changed and then what do i do? go out and look stupid? is there any clubs out there that have a nite dedicated to new boxers please please any one who has any info please help me

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭Gaz25

hey,

I know there is boxing club in baldoyle community hall beside the church. I know this beacuse my mate was talking about joining and went down to have a look and i think slightly put off because when it came down to it, he hadn't got the bottle.
    The training i heard is very intense and sparing is very rough, so i think unless you can take punc:mad: h and throw a good and fast on your feet, forget the dream and move on. The way i look at it is if your thinking about this for a year and haven't got the finger out, then its because
    1) you haven't got the bottle:p
    2) your a day dreamer:rolleyes:

I joined a football team after months of saying i would and i left after 1 year, but im glad, it was great experience.

Best of luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

No good clubs going to toss you to the lions for a spar. Your be learning footwork and ounching first. I only took it up in college and havent looked back since, lots of 18-23 year olds come down and try it out. Give it a go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭peterl

I dont know of any clubs that cater strictly for beginners but no one will expect you to perform at a higher level than a new member. You'll join in the class and the coaches will give you some pointers at different times during the session.
    Everyone was a starter at some time and everyone is good at some aspects and not so good at others.
    Your age is not a problem, or should'nt be...only your desire to train and contribute to the clubs development.
    As with everything in life you'll find (and have others point out) a hundred reasons not to do something, but you really only need one reason to do it...

Advertisement