Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb Wireless

• 31-10-2005 2:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭

Im getting Digiweb DSL WOO HOO!!!!!!

Anyway, can any of you recommend a good wireless router to work with it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

Ya i have a Linksys WRT54G and it works perfect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Anyway, can any of you recommend a good wireless router to work with it?

Which is it DSL or Wireless? and if Wireless will you comment on the quality when you get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

I Think That answers your Question, Dont you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

ahem :rolleyes:

WRT54G + firmware update would be perfect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

ricey wrote:
    I Think That answers your Question, Dont you.

No because the title is Digiweb Wireless and the text says DSL - perhaps you might have missed reading the title? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭falteringstar

Im am getting DSL, the "wireless" in the title refers to a wireless router!

Anyway went out and bought a Belkin router and notebook card, cant wait! (Am I correct in assuming that the router does not have to be connected to a computer via wire all the time only for setup, its just from the pictures of the setup it appears as tho it should be hooked up to computer via ethernet port and wirelss for rest, look very confusing!?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

The router only needs direct connection for setup.

Be sure to enable Shared Key 256 bit encryption. With a meaningless list of HEX codes (0..9, A B C D E F) as key, or your neighbour may be using your Broadband.

Disable configuration by wireless if available.

Most use the Web browser to setup. Type the IP in manual into your web browser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭falteringstar

I dont think it supports 256bit but it does support 64 and 128bit. Ill defo being doing that! BUt I have about week left til my modem comes so.......waiting.......ah....the....waiting

Advertisement