Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Buying through Hire Purchase

Options
  • 31-10-2005 3:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭

I would like to know how much of a deposit if any I would have to pay if buying a car on HP? Also I would like to know if you have to be over 25 or anything to buy a car on HP?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

If you can try and get a bank loan....it will work out alot cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Also with HP I think the car is legally belong to the HP company until the final payment is made irrespective of whose name is on the Vehicle Registration Form.

Would definately recommend a Credit Union or Bank loan rather than HP.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Dub13 wrote:
    If you can try and get a bank loan....it will work out alot cheaper.

Not too sure about that, HP can be pretty cheap.
    Bazz26 wrote:
    Also with HP I think the car is legally belong to the HP company until the final payment is made irrespective of whose name is on the Vehicle Registration Form.

That shouldn't be an issue unless
    1) you default on a good few payments, and they come looking for the car
    2) you want to sell the car privately before the full amount has been repaid
    3) you want to throw money into the loan once in a while to reduce the amount left (HP is a fixed rate, so you can't pay extra into the account)

Advertisement