Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway lan 15 reviews

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Sniipe wrote:
    I want to ban WC3, Apocalypse101 was clearly too good.
    Ahem,see you next time apoc :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

timeout wrote:
    Yes,only the couple of the winners. I'll have to shrink them a bit but i'll send them on to the :galwaylan:@:gmail:.:com: address. You should get them over the weekend.

Got them, will be mailing them to GameStop and Shop4memory later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

The two Dave's on the front of their next newsletter?

God help us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

that edition will be too pro to release on account of my pro-ness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

right, I've volunteer'd Stewie and one (maybe Both) of the New switches to the Interlan cause.

Reason I have done this is cause
    a) It will either Highlight or dispute the arguements about it not being suffice for games, as if it can't run games servers smoothly at a 150person lan (Being run by DIT Networking heads and in conjunction with 94ports of Cisco Catalyst switching) then it needs to be shapped up or even upgraded for our smaller lans.

B) The switch is going to get a good working with and a number of configurations shall be done before the event, so if there are any bottlenecks (which i highly doubt) then they shall be know of for our next lan

and finally

C) The Interlan boys are bloody good fellas who have alot of know how and deserve to have their event run smoothly, if its a success then DIT shall continue to fund it on a yearly basis and hopefully see competition and improvement for the Lan scene in Ireland.

So there, I'll let yee know what the results are and then talk with John,Danny and Rory as to what we shall do for the next lan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

I reckon it will be a good workout for the gig switch. But more importantly I'm happy to see Stewie(Glan sever) make an appearance. I'll be more than interested to see how he performs.
    DIT Kevin's netsoc are a good crowd, I hope that their lan will be a success. I'll be heading along to the 24hr event.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Having been at a daft number of LANs over the last 7 or 8 years, I can honestly say that people have it easy at Galway LAN - the organisers don't shout or threaten with physical violence people who are wasting time and/or complaining ;)

Shall I help organise the next one lads...?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭timeout

How did the servers get on at the InterLan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Psycopat

When is the next one beign held does anyone know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭timeout

More then likly February,maybe April easter holidays is a normal one, is my guess. There will probably be no more talk on this board till the new year about anything.

Timeout

• Advertisement
Advertisement