Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why the hiatus?

• 31-10-2005 4:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭

Is Lost not on this week in America? I keep hearing of this 3 week hiatus, and does this mean that Ep 6 won't be on the 2nd? Why?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,553 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Because its ABCs biggest show and they want to drag it out until May 2006. It'll get much worse in 2006 where you'll have one (two if you're lucky) new episodes a month... It was painful in season 1, and this season isn't going to be any different.

Schedule (known air dates) can be found here: http://www.epguides.com/lost/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 418 ✭✭:Keith:

At least we don't have to wait until next year for the season to even start. (I'm looking at you RTE!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭cosgrove80

:Keith: wrote:
    At least we don't have to wait until next year for the season to even start. (I'm looking at you RTE!)

Surely it’s preferable to wait a while and watch a show weekly without interruption rather than being drip fed episodes sporadically over the coming months?

Either way you play a waiting game but like pulling off a plaster it’s better to do it in one big go.

Yes I am following the U.S. schedule :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

I think it's because of Baseball season in America... or something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

steveland? wrote:
    I think it's because of Baseball season in America... or something

baseball just ended :)

NBA (basketball) starts this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

They do this with all shows in the states. Most shows only have 22 to 24 episodes. They do not show them each week and drag them out from Sept to May each year. They spread their shows over a 32 - 35 week period.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

****ing prickteasers :(

It was great with season 1 for me, I hadn't watched a single episode and then got all of season 1 at once at a lan. Watched them all over 3 days and it was class because I could remember little details things much easier.

And now this crap of only getting an episode every few weeks. ARGHhhh! :mad:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

It's completely standard. What's non-standard is to have a new episode continuously each week - it's rarely seen on US TV outside of HBO ('24' did it last year, as did 'Alias'). You get used to it pretty quickly, including their habits of having a mini-cliffhanger - a particularly evil one in Angel's S4 a few years ago springs to mind ("Why do you think I let him out you stupid bitch").

As it is, I don't mind the wait. The season's not been wowing me this year. I was far more enthusiastic about getting new "Prison Break"...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

Apologies they are showing a rerun tonight.

Advertisement