Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Junior Moderator

• 21-09-2001 7:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭

I feel weak.

Any chances of it being changed to something like "Community Moderator" or something like that ?

or whatever, but Junior is sooooo pants

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

LOL... look at me... do you think I'm happy? of course I am. You should be glad of what you have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

It reminds me of that simpsons episode where Homer sets up his own company.
    i think i'll make myself Vice-President....
    No, scratch that, Junior Vice President....
    < Phone Rings >
    Hello, CompuGlobalHyperMegaNet,
    Junior Vice President Homer Simpson
    speaking, how may i direct your call.....

I did a search for that quote and look what page I find:

http://www.boards.ie/members/kaiser/simpsons_quotes.htm

Do Not Underestimate the Power of Boards.ie

I don't mind. My stars are a nice colour and I didn't have them earlier today. Thanks Dev and Cloud.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Thats the default name for them afaik, We're playing with the options we have with the moderators at the moment,

Some of the adminstrators will be becoming Senior Mods, which we're experimenting with, we can rename things later if we like the new organisational way of things. Nothing has really changed, the powers of mods have not been reduced.

DeV.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Absolute toss. This man is opressing you, if he is a man. I think I'll write a book about this entitled "Antagonise a web community and they'll take it quite well but I'll just show you what they said out of context to make them look like fools."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

um, wrong thread there brian?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Well, he is talking about things being out of context.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Could we possibly change the default Junior Moderator back to No Life and such.
    Id much rather that name than Junior Moderator.
    Also check to where :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 423 ✭✭Digi_Tilmitt

Any chance of makin me a Mod? I'm really qiute a nice guy!

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Your wish is our command,

I entitle thee, "community moderators."

Enjoy!

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

should of changed it to baby moderator.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Omega_Weapon

Omega_Weapon: Moderator. Has a nice ring to it, don't you think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Originally posted by Digi_Tilmitt
    Any chance of makin me a Mod? I'm really qiute a nice guy!

A "nice guy" ... and you want to be a mod??

Why didn't you say:

"Any chance of making me a Mod? I'm really an utter ba$tard!

:p

heh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Originally posted by Omega_Weapon
    Omega_Weapon: Moderator. Has a nice ring to it, don't you think?

Yeah but I'm thinking Omega_Weapon: Trekkie Nerdboy is more, you know, you?

10 quid and you can give him that name :)

DeV.

PA! PA! IZ TROLLED ME AN ADMIN AND LOOKIE ITSA BIG 'UN! :)

I would never abuse another member in such an underhand and devious way. A thread that is soon forgotten is different from a tagline. I think you've highlighted a possible flaw in the system you propose.

What about newbies like Omega that aren't sure how the boards works? Will there be a full, easy to find explanation?

What about people for whom a tenner is very little? Will they run rampant with tags? What about people who can't afford to lock their own tags? What about two members that are having personal differences and start buying each others tags?

Messing with taglines is messing with someones on-line identity. Most would deny that's important and that say they're post count is unimportant but they're lying. To anyone who denies that, I challenge them to give up their account Bubbles-style and start afresh.

Howabout leaving the tags alone and get cash from the shop or even an optional no-strings regular donation. I, for one, would gladly pay a tenner a month. The boards is one of my most frequently visited sites and I have a lot of laughs here. It's continued success is important to me.

Right that's enough ranting about this from me. I've got all that off my chest and will say no more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,484 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

But "Moderator" doesnt suit you amp , for a tenner i'll sponser "deranged moderator", "unhinged moderator", "completely lost the plot moderator", "big many words moderator"..whadda you reckon DeV?

amp lunacy test

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

How about 'Will post apparent humourisms 100 times a day for no reason Moderator'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Will wonders never cease :rolleyes: ? ( of course they bloody won't! :) ) ...

...shocking and all as it may be, I agree practically 100% with amp's latest posting on this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Omega_Weapon

Listen 'Amp', You don't know me, and I certainly do not want to know you, but I am not, repeat, NOT, a 'Nerdboy'.

My sincere apologies Omega_Weapon. I take it back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,502 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by amp
    What about people for whom a tenner is very little? Will they run rampant with tags? What about people who can't afford to lock their own tags? What about two members that are having personal differences and start buying each others tags?

All I can say is the result would be plenty of beer money for DeV and the lads ..... ;)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Originally posted by Omega_Weapon
    Listen 'Amp', You don't know me, and I certainly do not want to know you, but I am not, repeat, NOT, a 'Nerdboy'.

nerdboy :o

Any chance of making me a Mod? I'm really an utter ba$tard!

Any chance of making me a Mod? I'm really an utter ba$tard!

no

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

By the sounds of it your imps demand mod posts too :)

lame attempt at humour i know but i'm tired, so very tired.

That's ok Q_ball, it's better than some of the 100 humourisms I post everyday for no apparent reason ;)

Originally posted by WhiteWashMan

no

Big Meanies!

Big Meanies!

yes

Advertisement