Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iMail on O2

• 31-10-2005 5:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭

I'm holding out to get the new Samsung iMode phone from O2.
    What I want to know is this...

After the free iMail period is over in March, what will be the cost of receiving iMails? I understand it will cost 1c per kilobite to send - but you can't control how much you receive - so will it be free to receive iMails?

Also, anyone know when the Samsung will be available? I have been told that it will be available on Wednesday, however I have also been told that it wont be ready till the new year...

:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Bump

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭manchine

I had a chance to use one for a few days and found it to be pretty good to the extent I'd give up my usual nokia to use it :)
    The interface doesn't take too long to get the hang of so you'll be able to rattle off texts at the usual rate quite quickly. The camera is class - only thing is that there's no "night-mode", there is a flash though. There's the usual bluetooth (think there's IR too, not sure though) - was able to transfer files to/from a laptop. I had a demo model so I didn't have all the extras but I think if you buy it, it come with a USB cable and some sync software.
    There is an MP3 player on it that's nice to use. Think there was about 80Mb memory, not a lot but it'll hold about one album. There's a slot for a memory card too.
    Oh, and it does i-mode. Other threads have more detail on that if you're interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I'd imagine it'll be free to recieve emails and cost around the price of an MMS to send ... or there abouts ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Thanks guys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Cost to recieve i-Mail = 0c. Thats right. Free.
    (Terms and conditions apply) ;)

..but seriously - free to recieve, like an SMS, but if your attachments are over a certain size you'll be charged 1c per kb. If there under a certain size they'll be free also. I'll see if I can find out that size for you...

• Advertisement
Advertisement