Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Champions League Week Four Thread

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

I typed out this long arsed rant but decided to just say, they were **** and lille deserved it.
    Park needs to start more, the formation needs to become a 4-4-2 or a 4-4-1-1 with wide plays and plenty of crosses. At the moment the team tries to play like Arsenal did/do (ie centrally with minimal crossing) but without the players suited to do it.

I'm dreading Sunday and thw lessons Chelsea are going to teach Man u :(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭yom 1

Quick - shine the eirebhoy signal:p

We need a link to the henry and eto'o goals for those of us unfortunate enough to miss all the footy last nite:(

if you aint to busy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

yom 1 wrote:
    Quick - shine the eirebhoy signal:p

We need a link to the henry and eto'o goals for those of us unfortunate enough to miss all the footy last nite:(

if you aint to busy!

They'll more than likely be on www.latestgoals.net later on today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭yom 1

eirebhoy wrote:

cheers man

etoo's goal was savage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭redspider

It looks like Benitez has "seen the light" after the CL match and now realises that his 4-2-3-1 formation that he tried to enforce this season isnt working as well as the 4-4-2. Has he been reading boards.ie?

See his comments on:

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N150465051103-1044.htm

It would be good to see if he can stick with the 4-4-2 this weekend against Villa. Compared to the starting 11 of the CL match against Anderlecht, I would put in Cisse instead of Crouch, although picking the front two is not for the squeamish as all options and variations have deficiencies.

I also dont rate Sissoko (he is ok, bit no more than that), and think that Hamann could do a job in there instead, peraps. Gerrard would be better in the centre of midfield if only there was someone to play out right.

But a team based on:

Reina/Dudek ----
    Finnan - Carra - CB - Riise
    Gerrard - Alonso - CM - Garcia
    ---- F --- F ----

is the best we can hope for this season, Cisse could play a role up front if we get in another striker in the same class that Owsen was (is?), a central rght midfielder and put Gerrard back in the centre.

redspider

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I can't see any case for not playing Hamann. He is a far better player than Sissoko (imo far better than sissoko will ever be) and is in his last couple of years. Theres nothing to be gained by paying him to sit on the bench when he could be doing a job. Then after this season and /or next when Hamann goes, sissoko can be his replacement.

If its to be based on this:

Reina/Dudek ----
    Finnan - Carra - CB - Riise
    Gerrard - Alonso - CM - Garcia
    ---- F --- F ----

I'd be more inclined to go with:

Reina/Dudek ----
    Finnan - Carra - CB - Warnock
    Garcia - Alonso - Gerrard - Riise
    ---- F --- F ----

Advertisement