Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Decent Doctor?

• 31-10-2005 6:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 633 ✭✭✭

Hi people,
    Being a typical male i've left some personal physical issues on the long finger for a while now but i think it's now time to sort out. I haven't been to a doctor since I moved out of parents house around a year ago.(Family doctor wasn't exactly the best anyway).
    Does anyone know of a decent doctor in the Dublin area(preferably near town,but willing to travel if worth it), who's approachable,friendly and actually seems to care about their patients?. As mentioned my last doctor wasn't exactly the most approacable of people and put me off discussing anything intimate. Maintaining a level of professionalism is one thing, but being overly cold is another.

Thanks in advance and apologies if already discussed but I can't search threads at the moment.

Also, is it me or has anyone found younger doctors(as in the ones who cover when your family doctor is away) better to deal with?

How do you find your doctor? 19 votes

Very professional and friendly
    0% 0 votes
    Straight and to the point, yet professional
    57% 11 votes
    Old fashioned and no longer seems interested in job
    21% 4 votes
    I don't use a regular doctor
    5% 1 vote
    None of the above
    15% 3 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 gireland

Hi,
    i know how you feel. i went to a doctor here in dublin when i moved here a few years ago, and i have to say he was the worst doctor i've ever been to. i'm not going to mention names, but lets just say keep clear of Dame St!

I was telling a friend of mine about this doctor and she suggested that i try her doctor. Her doctor is a female doctor and at first, me being a male, it seemed a little daunting as i had some personal / intimate issues i needed to get checked to be safe. and i have to say, she is the best doctor i've ever been to. She had to take some blood, and not being a fan of needles, was not looking forward to it, but i didn't even realise she had taken blood. She's a really personable doctor who i've not had any problems talking to or discussing issues with that may be imbarassing.

she's located in the City centre. If you want to know names / number Private Message me as i really don't want to name names on boards...

Hope this was helpful...

G.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Emmo

My doctor(s) are incredibly good, after hearing stories from friends and work colleges on how they are treated by their GPs I am so happy that my family have these Doctors.

They are way outside town, Walkinstown cross but I am willing to travel from the South Circular road for these two.

They are friendly, efficient, very up to date with the latest techniques and experienced. They seem to stay up to date with the developments within the profession and are family orientated.

My ex-girlfriend found the idea of a male doctor somewhat intimidating but after one visit her put her totally at ease. He also spoke to both of us about family planning in a mature way which helped immensely.

I was taken sick with appendicitis and after exactly 3 mins with the doctor her diagnosed it, had me transferred to casualty with a note for immediate surgery. The hospital could not see the issue as well as he and left me for 24 hours in A&E and my appendix nearly ruptured.

The surgeon who operated on me praised my doctor for his professional behavior and said that without his recommendation I might have been sent home with a suspected blood infection!

I have used this practice for 25 years and would recommend them highly.

If you would like their name then please pm me as I am unsure if I am allowed to post the name.

Thanks

Emmo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

I havent been to the doctor in 3 years :D , perhaps its because iv never taken anti-biotics ;).

Advertisement