Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Esat DSL

• 21-09-2001 8:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭

Some interesting news in todays Irish Times Business supplement - Esat could have their DSL out on the market before Eircom due to Eircoms current row with Etain Doyle (Telecoms Regulator ODTR) over the prices it will charge to competing compaines for access to their network. When, where and how much haven't been announced but it's certainly reassuring to know that Eircom won't retain their monopoly on the telecom sector.

One dissapoiting thing however, Eircom has stated that if Etain Doyle issues a legally binding notice for them to lower their prices for other companies, then it will withdraw the entire DSL service rather than co-operate.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

let the games begin..biatch fest 2001 is open.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭pertinax

it will withdraw the entire DSL service rather than co-operate.

im thinking of emigrating
    moldova or tajikistan sounds good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭R. Daneel Olivaw

They have said they have invested around 100 million or so in getting it ready.......with their current dubious financial situation, they would crumble. They are all talking tough business **** at the moment, but it's all futile anyway because they have shown they cannot even run a national monopoly.

If they withdrew it, they would have to right-off all those millions, and that would reduce the purchase price of Eircom, which cannot work because they are alreayd next to worthless.

They are just idle threats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

Esat cant start their DSL service till eircom do.

The simple reason for that is that Esat will have to use eircoms lines and all their equipment. Do you think eircom will allow this, hahahahaha, i dont think so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

yes i have to agree with flame . and flame ill most likely be down on thursday . hehe will be a bit of fun . also disire tour is on monday in carla . and phone me or somthn i think i might have a faster solution to ur net connection for a lot cheeper

• Advertisement
Advertisement