Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

User with multiple accounts.. but seemingly no ban

Options
  • 31-10-2005 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭

Ello there.

Recently came to my attention that BEAT aka LATIN BEAT aka TurquoiseDream has been using a bunch of other accounts to get around bans and generally act the maggot. IRISHLILLY24, MoonGoddess and Velvet_Petals are all her under different accounts.

Now, unless I've been mistaken all these years, using multiple accounts is seriously frowned upon at the best of times and if they're ever used for ban evasion (which at least one of the accounts have been) it's an instant and permenant ban for all accounts, not just the duplicates.

How come it isn't the case here?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

well it turns out you are mistaken all around ya big tit.

You might want to get your facts staight before you go starting threads and making accusations.
    My roomate is Irishlily24.
    My cousin is Moongoddess

and yes, velvet petals was another account I created to post a poem annon...I asked an Smod to ban that account because I set it up for that purpose alone...and they did. Ofcourse you wouldnt be aware of that because its none of your business.
    I thought you had gotten over your "lets get Beat thrown out of Boards" attitude but apparently not.
    Dont you have anything better to do with your time?:rolleyes:

btw, My roomates account that was Banned because of you Im guessing, nice job.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

pwnd Moriarty :D

Btw BEAT why the name change? Did I miss the memo?

goneshootin'
    I started using turquoisedream in Irc...I will give the credit to Ropedrink for that one because he gave me the idea ;)
    I liked it so much I asked for it to be changed here and Regi made it so:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Latin beat was nicer...

Great rammstein pic there though from Tar Aldarion, I'd say Moriartys face is a tad red...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Latin beat was nicer...

Great rammstein pic there though from Tar Aldarion, I'd say Moriartys face is a tad red...

pffft, i preferred the old skool beat myself...

ya Ive had a few people say Beat was better...
    I do miss it sometimes...like a fatkid misses cake at fatcamp,
    This new one is growing on me though ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Bring back the orignal Beat :)

I do miss it sometimes...like a fatkid misses cake at fatcamp,

yeah...

you know, why dont we just leave it there.....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I always thought Moriarty was on a power trip after observing some of his bans. Now here he is worse than the cop doling out 31kph tickets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Actually moriarty had nothing to do with the ban. I found it rather suspicious that all these people post from the same IP.

Asok wrote:
    Actually moriarty had nothing to do with the ban. I found it rather suspicious that all these people post from the same IP.

hmmmmmm, curiouser and curiouser....

or even curious and more curious.....

this smells like a conspiracy to me...!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Indeed. Isn't it most intresting that they all post on boards from the same office.. that irishlilly and moongoddess have the exact same birthday (which just happens to be halloween which beat is all crazy about, being a pagan iirc), pretty much the exact same intrests, and that they're all the exact same intrests that beat has. Gee golly gosh.

There's also the small matter of her having admitted that the other accounts are hers to a couple of people.

But I'm sure they're lying too. For the fun of it.

Try harder next time beat.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Asok wrote:

I didn't say he had. He was the OP on this thread and in particular very keen to ban when not the operating MOD. I think MOD heavy handedness is more of a crime than multiple personality disorder. After all how many regular posters go unreg-ed to discuss something especially in PI.

If you are going to apply the rules then let them be applied evenly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

pwnd Moriarty :D
    Erm. nope. He's completely and totally right here. regardless of any personal issues, theres been a case of breaking the rules. Very similar profile details in all 3 accounts, style of posting and language used shows that they are one and the same. I could go dredging up irc logs where she admits this, but time and lack of skill in unix forbids.

The fact that beat would try to cover it up amuses me
    The fact that she used the classic cousin/roommate/office pal excuse amuses me.
    The fact that 3 people in the same office/whatever in the USA use an Irish message forum intrigues me. (What are the chances of that?)

ya know, if thats what you need to believe to make yourself happy then you go right ahead and believe it. I dont know what it is you want them to do. Irishlily24 can hardly defend herself now that her account is closed.

Moongoddess is my cousin whom does not have a pc of her own which would explain why she rarely posts...she only joined because i had her at my house saying what a great place it was and I signed her up...Im sure she wont mind never posting again after she sees how long time community members are treated because 1 person wanted to act a tit

but like I said, whatever makes you happy...because in the end thats what is important isnt it. :rolleyes:
    I mean, FFS, this is not what makes my world turn..maybe its all you have but as hard as it may seem I have a real life outside of this place

ya know, if anyone else on boards was harrassed half as much as I were there would be more than one account being locked, I am constantly taking digs from a few people here but do I go making threads trying to get them banned?
    no, because in the end some people are going to be assholes no matter what you do or say so I just go on my merry way...usually laughing but now its getting out of hand isnt it.

I mean fuk it,
    if you all want to go through this kind of hassle to get rid of me what the hell do I want to stick around for?
    This used to be a fun place to spend my off hours but when it comes down to people who spend thier entier friggin lives here who decide they want to see someone gone for the hell of it and people jump on the bandwagon,
    who'd want to stay in a place like that?

For the most part I like the people here and I have never had a problem before...I have met most of the people around here who have been around a long time and Ive always gotten along with them...
    but I guess "some" people matter more right?:rolleyes:

you see, I find it funny that it is ok for one person or two now as it would seem to go around making accusations without asking questions, saying oh its ok for this person to do this etc... have you ever stopped to think about the things that you do yourself? stalking my every move looking for a reason to get me banned? what kind of freak does that?

Its ok to attack me but when I retalliate I am the bad person.
    Ill have you know I never not once picked a fight or started a row here or in Irc that wasnt antagonized...I am here , Like most people for the fun of it..shame some people are allowed to spoil it for others.

Now, I realise that this is coming to a head now before the beers in an attempt to have me either not show or to have people acting the fool but Ill have no part in that. I go the the beers to have fun and party with friends. I have been doing this for the last 3 years and I wont have it spoiled by attention seeking mean spirited people.

I plan to go on after today and put this behind me because I do not hold onto bull like this. It makes a bitter person to go on behaving in such ways and no wonder some people are so miserable with thier own lives they have to try and find joy in disturbing others...its also a shame that in my case for you it didnt work...because when it all comes down to it...I dont care what you think about me, I dont know you and you have no bearing on how I live my life.

I shouldnt have to come on here and defend myself because of someone who has been harrassing me wants to play games but ok there ya go...hope you got a chuckle out of that somewhere ;)

yes, RLY.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

thread subscription added..

FuzzyLogic wrote:
    Erm. nope. He's completely and totally right here. regardless of any personal issues, theres been a case of breaking the rules. Very similar profile details in all 3 accounts, style of posting and language used shows that they are one and the same. I could go dredging up irc logs where she admits this, but time and lack of skill in unix forbids.

The fact that beat would try to cover it up amuses me
    The fact that she used the classic cousin/roommate/office pal excuse amuses me.
    The fact that 3 people in the same office/whatever in the USA use an Irish message forum intrigues me. (What are the chances of that?)

this is what I mean about jumping on the bandwagon,
    no matter how wrong they are thier buddies will always jump in to defend them.
    what is so hard to believe about my roomate and I working together, I know a few people on boards who work and live together??
    she got me the fn job ffs!
    anyway,
    its like I said before the fact that you all specualte is all well and good.
    Until you call them up and speak to them yourselves there is nothing I can say or do to convince you.
    I signed them both up and they post rarely...what the hell do you want?
    unlike me they dont spend a lot of time online...my roomate usually only jumps on when I tell her about crap like this thats going on...I doubt after this fiasco theyd ever want to come back here...
    guys, get over yourselves

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

I always thought Moriarty was on a power trip after observing some of his bans. Now here he is worse than the cop doling out 31kph tickets.
    I call for Moriarty to be banned for all his heinous crimes. He's power trippin' so bad... so bad... that... like... you gonna wish he ain't power trip so bad.

Speaking of which, I have yet to be called power mad, what injustice emot-v.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

There are numerous situations where more than one person use the same computer. whether it be two people in a company working different shifts, a boyfriend and girlfriend using their home computer, or a big and little brother using their computer in their room.

Also if one person in an office tells another person in the same office about boards.ie, and the second person decides to have a look, sign up, and post, then it is not beyond the realsm of impossibility that they are either going to have the same IP address as the first person, or come from the same IP range as the first person.

In this case, I would find it hard to believe that a long term user would create an initial account, make friends on the site, travel half way round the world several times, at great expense, no doubt, to meet these friends, and then suddenly create multiple accounts to act the bollix on the site, risking falling out with those friends.

I notice also that only the profiles are linked and not the offending posts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

^^

Pretty disapointing post for a mod of conspiracy theories tbh...

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

A storm in a teacup tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Tea for teh win! Sure, I'm nesf's second account and no one minds.

But seriously, once these account holders aren't being muppets, who cares if there is a possibility it's all the one person?

simu wrote:
    But seriously, once these account holders aren't being muppets, who cares if there is a possibility it's all the one person?

yes see, that is an interesting question...and there are no doubt boards users with multiple accounts who Im sure dont use them for spamming, the diff here is that this user has it in for me for whatever reason he has concocted I however just brushed it off everytime he'd yank my chain as I really thought it was silly.
    Now as you see he brings his silly antics public for all to see so now Im sure everything will come out.
    Its all really more than I have time for as you can see.

sigh...
    Im too old to participate in this type of childish behavior
    its really beginning to bore me :rolleyes:

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

man, joe., that is some p1ss-poor quoting right there.

I have no idea who said what.

and btw, eugh, the sheer drama in this thread is worthy of CTYI.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

CuLT wrote:
    Speaking of which, I have yet to be called power mad, what injustice

Believe me, it gets boring
    emot-v.gif

Boards needs this smiley like no other smiley we have needed before. It expresses the emotion "I R TEH FUNNEH" in ways that mere language cannot convey.

Thank you Cult, I have found a new cause to champion. Admins if you have the time please add this emoticon to our current members. Otherwise other forums will rapidly take over. Let's take this thread from causing Moriarty embarressment to something positive, like giving something which seems small but I predict will rapidly enhance the boards experience for it's users.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

DubGuy wrote:
    ^^

Pretty disapointing post for a mod of conspiracy theories tbh...

:D
    :D

I was thinking the exact same thing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

CuLT wrote:
    Speaking of which, I have yet to be called power mad, what injustice emot-v.gif
    Ok you're power mad...

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Love it emot-v.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

nesf wrote:
    A storm in a teacup tbh.
    Yeah bingo.
    I nominate this thread to be moved to the thunderdome.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement