Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

User with multiple accounts.. but seemingly no ban

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Its not like most people think any different about Latin Beat anywho, as someone mentioned its just a storm in a teacup, but what does interest me, is what the deal is with someone saying that all 3 people have the same DOB and interests, as well as IRC logs showing her admitting they are hers.....

.....just pondering these particular two issues, neither of which were answered. :o

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

and yes, velvet petals was another account I created to post a poem annon...I asked an Smod to ban that account because I set it up for that purpose alone...and they did.

I can vouch for this, as I was the one who banned velvet petals upon request. I would also see no problem with someone wanting to post under such circumstances if there has been no trouble caused, people don't want to be known in PI when they have a problem, I'm sure some people would rather go anon when posting poems or whatever, perhaps an unregged queue could be sorted out for that particular forum if the mods/admins were willing

myself, my b/f and my daughter post from the same computer at home and I know there is at least one other person here at work that posts on boards...

my question to Asok is, under such circumstances, how can you tell for 100% sure that there is not more than one person at those IP addresses?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

FuzzyLogic wrote:
    Erm. nope. He's completely and totally right here.

Erm - nope.
    Moriarty wrote:
    IRISHLILLY24, MoonGoddess and Velvet_Petals are all her under different accounts.

Where is the evidence to 100% prove the claim that they are her accounts, and not accounts being used from her computer?

Btw LATIN_BEAT is a far better username.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Moriarty wrote:
    Indeed. Isn't it most intresting that they all post on boards from the same office.. that irishlilly and moongoddess have the exact same birthday
    IIRC that also applies to two of the admins (DeVore and ecksor share a birthday I think, or was it another two of them).

Suspicious, yes. Conclusive, no.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Talliesin wrote:
    IIRC that also applies to two of the admins (DeVore and ecksor share a birthday I think, or was it another two of them).

Suspicious, yes. Conclusive, no.
    If you take a group of oh about 22 people there is a probability much above 50% that two people will share the same birthday.(statistics ftw).
    Pesonally share my birthday with three of my close friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

lafortezza wrote:
    emotv3aa.gif
    One is loving the use of the new smily.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Heh. A few things.

All your accounts use the same password (admins can verify that when they like). Of course, that's just coincedence.

All your accounts used boards from your workplace and your home. Of course, that's just coincedence too.

You've used at least one of your accounts to evade a ban knowingly. Unfortunately I can't say for certain you've done it any more than that at the moment since search is down.. but since you did it once I'm sure you've done it more than once.

You've admitted to people that they're your accounts. Not your cousins, or roommates, but yours. I dunno if they'll post here or not to confirm that, but I'm sure if the admins wanted they could PM them to confirm it privately.

So tell me. Why do you think you should stay unbanned when you've broken the rules?

Moriarty wrote:
    All your accounts use the same password

how do you know that!?!? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

/me pulls up a chair.

this might get intresting...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

Moriarty wrote:
    Heh. A few things.

All your accounts use the same password (admins can verify that when they like).
    What?!! *chokes* runs off to change it.
    Edit:done

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

Beruthiel wrote:
    how do you know that!?!? :eek:

because of bandwagon buddies are abusing thier powers , anyway my password is not the same as the other two accounts.
    If youd have read through my other post you would have seen where I said I set thier account up for them at my house...my cousin said she will try to post something from work today on her lunch break. She isnt allowed to use the pc at work and doesnt have one at home. When we had our sleepovers we'd post on boards etc...
    its sickening that i have to explain this to prove the point once again that you are wrong. But you wont let it seep through your little head.
    So you can check for yourself later.
    As for Irishlily, we live and work together there is no getting around it. In the beginning back when the account was set up a few years ago we shared it but that was years ago, then i set up my own account which we all know as Beat. Since then she had hers I had mine...whats so hard to believe about that?
    is this ever going to end? are you ever going to just accept the fact the you are wrong and get on with your life?
    man Ill be glad when you can do that...and I agree with someone else...this should be moved to the thunderdome as it is obviously between me and him. Id like to know what his real issue here with me is. ;)

because of bandwagon buddies are abusing thier powers

I'm sorry, I just don't get that,
    with the possible exception of the Admins, how can anyone else know your password?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Wow it's a while since I've seen something this vindictive on boards.ie. You know what they say though, if you throw enough mud at a wall it sticks. Unfortunley Latin Turquoise Wet Dream or whatever her name is, will probably never manage to shake the allegations that she's got nineteen accounts and types half of her posts with her left arse cheek. Innocent until proven guilty, unless you're on an internet bulletin board where you can make wild allegations and then excuse your inability to back them up with hard proof by claiming a lack of technical knowledge.

Then everyone will begin to argue the merits of your allegations and soon "could be true" will have been transformed into just plain "true".

Thus begins the witch-hunt!! Everyone who has a second account will be hunted down and their second account put to the sword! The information superhighways will run red with the blood of the named and shamed! Boards.ie will embrace its new-found jingoism and banish all non-Irish posters. It shall be renamed the "Velvet Turquoise Moonthingy Beat" rule, and bannings will be preempted with a post entitled "We don't like your sort round here!"

Conspiracy theories will abound about why Moriarty appears to have this vendetta? Perhap's he's been cyb0ring Latin Moonbeam Mudslide on IRC and cyb0ring Turquoise Necrophiliac and cyb0ring Velvet Dogknot without realising they were all one and the same person? Maybe when the truth came out he was verily mortified!! REVENGE I SAY!! Never doubt the power of a Bot Scorned!

But all of this doesn't answer one last question...

Why the fuck is this the most entertaining thing I can find to read on boards at lunchtime?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Id like to know what his real issue here with me is. ;)

you know, i ask this question all the time (about me, not you)
    i mean, i am possibly one of the nicest people you could know, and yet some people just keep picking on me.

i think some people just have little else to do...

you get used to it. in fact, its kinda nice to have a little stalker pet.

anyway, im voting for amp's account to be banned so that (oh crap, ive forgotten the account name) deathbringer05 (possibly?) can live again.

i am also voting for nesf to be banned outright, and satans IP banned for ever.

and thats a great zing on the conspiracy theory mod.
    teh funny tbh.

and i say bring on the new smiley

right, thats all my posts in one.

Perhap's he's been cyb0ring Latin Moonbeam Mudslide on IRC and cyb0ring Turquoise Necrophiliac and cyb0ring Velvet Dogknot without realising they were all one and the same person? Maybe when the truth came out he was verily mortified!! REVENGE I SAY!! Never doubt the power of a Bot Scorned!

ah aahhhhh!
    it all mocks sense now, revenge of the wo/man scorned!
    to make it so public though... what if it backfires!? :D

Why the fuck is this the most entertaining thing I can find to read on boards at lunchtime?

tis a bit slow today due to sore heads from the long weekend....

i mean, i am possibly one of the nicest people you could know, and yet some people just keep picking on me.

*snigger*

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Passwords are encrypted afaik, don't worry D...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

anyway my password is not the same as the other two accounts.
    ilold9kh.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

It's been a long time since we had a good old fashioned troll on Feedback.

• Advertisement

are you guys saying that Mor would outright lie about the passwords then?

Mor
    I'm so totally and utterly shocked and stunned and not a little bit amazed!

*shrugs*

Seemingly ecksor and regi know that they're all her accounts.

Nice to know that the opinion of some/most people so far is that anyone can just sign up new accounts willy nilly to get around bans then.

Would the opinions be the same if it was a poster with a hundred posts?

chortle chortle old boy, lets all shuffle off to the thunderdome and post more forced shíte under the pretence of base level entertainment. Isn't it all just so terribly gauche. Damnit, where did I put that rolleyes :/

<edit: and for the record, I don't lie. I don't think I've ever lied on boards in all my time here, and I wouldn't see the point in lying about something like this that could so easily be proven wrong if I was talking arse. I have no inclination what-so-ever to go tat-for-tat with her posts either>

• Registered Users Posts: 24,247 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I'm guessing that the password field doesn't have a related "last updated" field in the database so it'd be next to impossible to prove that allegation one way or the other.

I've seen a few users (both old skool and n00bs) admit to having multiple accounts and nothing done about it. As long as the accounts aren't being used to circumvent bans or act the muppet in general, I can't see a problem with it.

And besides, given that this site is a benevolant dictatorship, it's fully within the admins rights to decide that the rules don't apply to someone if they feel like it.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

Ecksor and Regi as Lovely as they are can not know something that isnt true,
    period.

Ive explained the case and that is all I have to say.

Moriarty wrote:
    *<edit: and for the record, I don't lie. I don't think I've ever lied on boards in all my time here, and I wouldn't see the point in lying about something like this that could so easily be proven wrong if I was talking arse.

then sate my every growing curiosity on how you got your hands on her passwords?!
    these kinda things keep me awake at night you know, show some mercy!!

Beruthiel wrote:
    then sate my every growing curiosity on how you got your hands on her passwords?!
    these kinda things keep me awake at night you know, show some mercy!!

I won't be saying how in public. I'll let you know in private some time.

Moriarty wrote:
    I won't be saying how in public. I'll let you know in private some time.

carrot dangler!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Why submit proof you will not prove in public?

(damn my curiosity...tell us!)

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

amp wrote:
    Thank you Cult, I have found a new cause to champion. Admins if you have the time please add this emoticon to our current members. Otherwise other forums will rapidly take over. Let's take this thread from causing Moriarty embarressment to something positive, like giving something which seems small but I predict will rapidly enhance the boards experience for it's users.

I live to serve emot-v.gif.

It would make a great addition alright!

• Advertisement

CuLT wrote:
    I live to serve emot-v.gif.

anyone?
    or just amp??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement