Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Christian Quits!!

• 31-10-2005 8:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/christianquits

WWE.com has learned that SmackDown Superstar Christian has quit World Wrestling Entertainment. Be sure to stay tuned to WWE.com as more information becomes available.

From the observer:
    Jay Reso's final match in WWE was last night at the TV tapings in Los Angeles. While the WWE web site reported him quitting, which was accurate, what happened was a week ago in San Francisco, he was given a new contract, as his old one expired, and told to sign on the spot. He didn't sign. He did come back to work and do another job last night when he quit.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

:eek: holy **** :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Mossy Monk wrote:
    :eek: holy **** :eek:

Ditto.:eek: :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,805 ✭✭✭Trampas

I cant believe that.

Smackdown is in trouble now.

He was a good wrestle and very good on the mic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

If he joins TNA I think finally his potential could be achieved. If the reports are true his contract is up so he could be on their show as soon as next week. Years of misuse of Christian might just come back and bite the WWE in the ass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

It's their own fault. They never picked up on that push the fans wanted for him a while back. Him and Jericho will never be used and it's a shame about that. HBK worked so i fail to see why the WWE wont try it again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Smackdown has lost a great wrestler, he was misused!! He would definatly be used to his full potential in TNA.

He is still listed on WWE.com for Taboo Tuesday, guess all that will change.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭antifyre

Seemingly he is going to work Taboo Tuesday 'out of Professional Coutesy'....which is cool.......

Y'all right though, TNA will use him well........he'll be NWA champ before the end of next year, I'd bet a grand on it.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

Shame to see him gone but hopefully he will get used well if he goes to TNA or Japan. Very talented performer, not only in ring but great acting skills and always commanded the screen when he was on TV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 hass

When he moved from Raw to Smackdown I felt he was going to be a main contender for the world title but was missed used. How WWE got this wrong is beyond me , they would rather have a midget divison ( which is going no where ) than a talented wrestler.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

If this isnt a work, Ill hold my hands up to Mr Nice Guy ijn our discussion this week.

This comes to me as a huge surprise. I really thought things were about to turn round for him. Who knows? Really annoyed about this, but as said above, this could be for rival promtions advantage.

Wouldnt it be great to see him in an IWW ring!?

• Advertisement

he looked wonderful on Monday Night Raw last night. that story was a load of bollocks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Just a little bit more from figure four:

As most of you are probably aware by now, Christian is gone from WWE. His contract expired, they demanded he sign a new one on the spot, and he refused. This is hardly the first time WWE has made such a demand, but rarely do you see a guy refuse like this. He worked last night at the Smackdown tapings and was willing to return to work Taboo Tuesday if he was voted in, but with the WWE.com announcement this morning, that might have changed. We'll have much more in the newsletter this week and on today's Figure Four Daily. For those wondering what it would have been like had Matt Hardy not re-signed with WWE, well, we're all about to find out. WWE.com made mention of this on the site, saying he'd "quit", I guess to insinuate that he'd walked out on the fans or something of that nature. I'd keep an eye out for further news because this may not be the last major story of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

Maybe this is a sign of things to come. There are a fair few in WWE who have been held down for a while now whilst other, greener talent go over them sometimes undeservedly. With Jericho and Christian now gone, may be the likes of Van Dam will follow.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Winning Hand

God that sucks

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭merlinsmerryman

Maybe the juniors on Sackdown scared him away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭yak_kadafi

holy ****.........................................................................

the guy never got the push he deserved..i guess its tna for him now............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Christian spoke briefly with WWE.com regarding his quitting the promotion. He had the following to say:

Looking for a shoot interview? Looking for the inside scoop? You want to know all about how I walked into Vince’s office . . . how we got into a huge argument, slammed the door - stormed out of the company, and maybe one day they’ll have a self destruction of Christian DVD – that’s what you’re looking for?

Well, that’s not what happened. The actual reason is . . . well it’s a lot of personal reasons as to why I made the decision to leave WWE, and actually too many to get into, but I will say this . . . I gave everything I had to the WWE for eight years. I gave everything to the fans. I feel they gave me everything they had. But you know never say never in this business. Hopefully they won’t forget about Christian and we’ll see what happens in the future."

Credit: WWE.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Simple fact is that Christian was a very talented wrestler and WWE didn't know what to do with him. He got lost in the hunt for the bigger and better things.

We have seen a slow reversal of the days of yore. First it was the big guys like Sid, Hulk, the LOD, Macho Man, then when the steroid scandal broke the sought out a smaller guy to carry the company and his name was Bret Hart. Shawn Michaels came a long and continued the legacy and slowly but surely the smaller man became seen as a valid threat to the "monster".

Arguably the best, most innovative match i have every seen was the first ever tag team ladder match with the Hardy's vs Edge and Christian. Say what you want about Michaels and Ramone but I have taken worse bumps that they did in there match. The tag team match???? I seriously don't think i would be capable of taken that kind of a beating.

But then along came Lesner and Big Show and Goldberg and the crowd loved the big guys again. Guys like Batista ( who was **** when he first started) were getting signed without even wrestling, they just wanted em big.

Basically what i'm saying is Christian got lost in the mix, he SHOULD HAVE BEEN CHAMP because the guy wrestled out of his skin everytime he set foot in the ring. You could always count on him to pull off a quality match even if he had to carry his oppoenet ( looking at Jericho when he is feeling lazy and Booker "Can't believe I made it to the Dubbya Dubbya E" T).

It's a shame and it will affect many wrestlers. Jamie Noble was great, as was Kidman before he went all weird. But i will go on record right now as saying that if The Hurricane was a foot taller and 30 to 50 pounds heavier he would have been champ by now.

You want talent, look no further. He is technically brilliant and very innovative. Just stuck where he is due to his size.

Oh yeah, HI ALL........first post, sorry for the ramble!!!!

It seemed at WM20 that the WWE were going to give smaller guys a chance again with Guerrero and Benoit as the two champions but they've returned to their old ways sadly.

vince will never stop getting hard ons for the bigger men. it will never change

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

How long will Christian be wrestling for WWE cause he was on smackdown last night? I know it was taped earlier this week so that could have his last time wrestling but he still seemed like nothing was happening to me. When does his contract actually expire does anyone know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

It ended officially on October 31st.

Christian was available for Taboo Tuesday and Smackdown out of professional courtesy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Smackdown was taped on the 30th though, so he was obliged to be there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

at last he's on his own.

icon_rimshot.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,577 ✭✭✭savemejebus

anyone know whether his recent back injury had anything to do with his quitting?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

anyone know whether his recent back injury had anything to do with his quitting?

probably a factor - however they did offer him a downsized contract - which would not be appealing to anyone

from tna.com:

"Major Acquisition" To Appear For TNA This Sunday At "Genesis" News
    November 8th, 2005 16:44
    On Tuesday morning, TNA management informed TNAwrestling.com that the company has come to terms with a "major acquisition" who will appear this Sunday during the live "Genesis" Pay-Per-View.

When reached for comment, TNA President Dixie Carter offered the following:

"This is the single biggest jump in TNA history," Carter said. "The contract is signed, the travel is set and in my opinion, 'Genesis' just got a whole lot more intriguing."

TNA will have further information on the "major acquisition" this Sunday on the live countdown preshow a half hour before "Genesis".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

will be disappointing if the major acquisition turns out to be test.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,577 ✭✭✭savemejebus

I was just thinking that, himself and lance hoyt as a tag team.

• Advertisement

quite possible.
    most wwf wrestlers sign a non appearance clause in their contracts. christian could show up, but he wouldn't be allowed wrestle or even talk. the most they could do with his is show him in the audience.

i could see him get a good run against jeff hardy if it is him they have signed.

but is it a bit different when the a contract has expired rather than when they get fired, or quit, as the dudleys got on tna pretty quickly didn't they?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

Christian is not under any 30 day no compete clause as his contract expired - he was not released from it.

From what i've read on the major wrestling news sites, its almost certain that Christian will be at "Genesis". :D

Great news for TNA fans and Christian fans, as he will be able to show the true extent of his talent in TNA. From what that TNA.com statement says, it looks like TNA will push him to the moon. Happy days.

Apparently Christian trademarked the name 'Christian Cage' years ago so he can wrestle as Christian.:)

Hey guys, regarding TNA's latest signing, check out the wrestling section on Chris Jericho's official site:

http://www.chrisjericho.com/index1.htm

Y2J to TNA?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

Apparently Christian trademarked the name 'Christian Cage' years ago so he can wrestle as Christian.:)

He shud be able wrestle as Christian; if worst comes to worst, he will have to wrestle as Christian Cage. The precident was set with the Honky Tonk Man, who was allowed be billed as The HTM post-WWE due to the fact that he wrestled as Honky Tonk Wayne in Stampede Wrestling.

The details are on: www.k3wrestling.com/news.php?id=133510419

• Advertisement

Hey guys, regarding TNA's latest signing, check out the wrestling section on Chris Jericho's official site:

http://www.chrisjericho.com/index1.htm

Y2J to TNA?

now that would be a step up from christian!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Glowingmind

There's something really amiss in the wwe at the moment, letting someone as talented as christian leave. And now there's talk of letting chris benoit leave - the chris benoit thing baffles me, the guy can have good matches with pretty much anyone.
    Anyone here got eurosport? apparantly they're showing TNA, i'm really interested to see their shows as i've seen nothing except a couple of aj styles'

arent Eurosport months behind and put in their own commentary

Advertisement