Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accesing Secure Website's

• 31-10-2005 8:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭

My friend is having problems accessing secure websites. He is using Internet Explorer. I have checked firewall settings etc, still can't access www.aib.ie. I have no probs

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

In Internet Explorer:
    Tools > Internet Options > "Advanced" Tab
    Scroll down, and ensure that the "Use SSL" boxes are checked.

Should work then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭Gaz25

I scrolled down SSL2.0 and 3.0 are both ticked, but there is one called
    TSL 1.0 that is not ticked. I checked that, still didn't work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

Is it just www.aib.ie that can't be accessed.

I can't access the AIB 24 hour banking site using IE 6.0. I've put it down to issues with security patches as I can access others.

I use Firefox with no problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

In IE click "Help", then click "About Internet Explorer". Check what it says about the "Cipher Strength". If it's less than 128-bit then thats your problem.
    There is a fix for it but I can't think of it off hand. I'll have a look and get back to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

If the cipher strength is lower than 128-bit you'll need to repair/reinstall Internet Explorer.The how to is here http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;261328 and here http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318378/
    HTH

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

It's likely to be a java thing. IE6 no longer has the MS VM due to an agreement with Sun. I had to get java from the Sun website to access my BoI BOL

Advertisement