Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Audio Tracks for use in video production

• 31-10-2005 9:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

I'm just wondering does anyone have handy links where you can download some kind of light instrumental music in .mp3 or .wav format for use in video production?
    Something generic that can be used for the start and for the credits of a video i'm putting together. No lyrics or singing, just music!
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

have a look here:
    theres hella lots of places to get music under Creative Commons licences. Archive.org Open Source Audio is great. much of it is beautiful and understated and makes for great film score. see www.creativecommons.org for lots more places to get tunes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭father_ted9t9

http://www.extrememusic.com/ is really good, and if you are in college the copyright blanket agreement should cover fees for using the tunes! You have to register but can preview a lot online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 466 ✭✭moonboy

try here
    www.myspace.com/shotguncloning

let us know if you do though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

check out www.labelsound.com if your willing to pay you can use some of mine! :)

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭Chevano Riley

thanks for the quote Blitzkrieg. :)

heres another: www.karadar.com

11000 tracks.
    all classical and claims to be legal. the music (i.e. as written) is public domain for sure, but the recordings make belong to the orchestra that performed them. the site is seemingly translated by babelfish, so who knows. im pretty sure if it isnt public domain the owners of the site are liable, not you, as they claimed otherwise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 Chancey

Hey man, I could do something for you free of charge if you want, I'd love to do it..pm me please

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Daavid

I've written some orchestral pieces that I think could be quite good as film music. PM me if you're interested in hearing some.
    Cheers,
    Dave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭Briony Noh

You know, there's a whole bunch of composers on this noticeboard. Just thought I'd mention it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 the manglator

Thanks everyone for all the offers of music compositions,
    I haven't really been on this thread for a while so sorry for not replying.
    I was doing a dvd on a chap with vintage motorcycles and in the end I used a Johnny Cash song over the menu and credits.
    I wouldn't have had the time to get together with anyone to compose an original soundtrack but maybe on a future production I'll do that.
    Thanks

Advertisement